Denver Cutthroats Call Coaches to Action
Denver - Denver Cutthroats President and General Manager Ben Rifkin resigned on Saturday, January 25 to pursue other opportunities.
"Ben has done a great job building a base from which the Cutthroats can grow to achieve our goal of becoming the best value-based sports entertainment organization in Colorado for our fans," said Denver Cutthroats owner John Hayes. "We wish him the best in his future endeavors."
The organization is pleased to have two Cutthroats veterans add front office to their existing jobs. Derek Armstrong has been promoted to President and Head Coach and Brad Smyth has been promoted to General Manager and Director of Hockey Operations. Both Armstrong and Smyth bring strong leadership skills with deep ties to the hockey world, the Denver community, our sponsors and our fan base. We are fortunate to have their hockey passion extend beyond the bench.
"Both Derek and I are excited to be given this opportunity," said Smyth. "We look forward to building on the fan-friendly atmosphere at the Coliseum, while providing an outstanding brand of hockey. We are committed to bringing Cutthroats fans the type of atmosphere and entertainment experience they deserve."
The Denver Cutthroats return to the Denver Coliseum to host the Rapid City Rush for a three-game series on Tuesday, February 4, Friday, February 7 and Saturday, February 8. For ticket information, visit DenverCutthroats.com or call 866.464.2626.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from January 27, 2014
- Shots from the Point for January 27, 2014 - CHL
- Allen Americans Weekly Update - Allen Americans
- Chill to Host Super Saturday February 1st - St. Charles Chill
- Allen's Spencer Asuchak Named Oakley CHL Player of the Week - CHL
- Americans Forward Asuchak Wins CHL Oakley Player of the Week - Allen Americans
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Tulsa Oilers Weekly News and Notes - Tulsa Oilers
- Denver Cutthroats Call Coaches to Action - Denver Cutthroats
- Heemskerk, Rioux Return to Mallards - Quad City Mallards
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Denver Cutthroats Stories
- Veteran Defenseman Returns to the Denver Cutthroats
- Former Open Tryout Participant Returns to the Denver Cutthroats
- Denver Cutthroats Hold Third Annual Open Tryouts
- Denver Cutthroats Add Two More to 2014-15 Roster
- Two Veterans Add Depth to Cutthroats 2014-15 Roster