Delaware Blue Coats Acquire Returning Player Rights to Doral Moore from Memphis Hustle
WILMINGTON - The Delaware Blue Coats, the NBA G League affiliate of the Philadelphia 76ers, announced today that the team has acquired the returning player rights to Doral Moore from the Memphis Hustle. Delaware also received the No. 76 overall selection in the 2019 NBA G League Draft. In exchange, the Blue Coats sent the returning player rights to Keenan Evans to the Hustle. The trade is not subject to player physicals.
The 7-foot-1 Moore played in all 50 games (48 starts) as a rookie last season with the Hustle, averaging 9.0 points, 6.7 rebounds and 1.7 blocks (fifth in G League) in 19.7 minutes per game. In two G League playoff contests (both starts), he tallied 8.5 points, 5.5 rebounds and 3.0 blocks in 24.9 minutes per contest. He posted seven double-doubles during the regular season and finished second in the league in field goal percentage (63.7 percent).
Prior to the start of last season, Moore, 22, participated in the NBA's Las Vegas Summer League with the Washington Wizards before being added to the Memphis Grizzlies' training camp roster. Following the season, he saw action in three NBA Summer League contests with the Grizzlies in Salt Lake City and Las Vegas. In September, Moore was one of 12 players selected to the NBA G League Elite Team that participated in the 2019 NBA G League International Challenge presented by Antel in Uruguay. There, he averaged 4.0 points, 4.8 rebounds and 0.5 blocks across the team's four games.
Moore played three seasons of college basketball at Wake Forest from 2015-18. In 31 games as a junior during the 2017-18 campaign, he posted 11.1 points, 9.4 rebounds and 2.0 blocks in 25.5 minutes per game. That year, he led the Atlantic Coast Conference and set a Wake Forest school record with a 68.9 field goal percentage. He was also one of just two ACC players to average a double-double in conference play (11.7 points, 10.9 rebounds). A Georgia native, Moore is a graduate of Montverde Academy in Montverde, Florida, where he won a national title in 2015 alongside teammates Ben Simmons (Philadelphia 76ers) and Christ Koumadje (Philadelphia 76ers).
With the acquisition of Memphis' third round selection (No. 76 overall) in the 2019 NBA G League Draft, the Blue Coats now hold the following selections in the upcoming draft: No. 46 (from Windy City), No. 76 (from Memphis), No. 86 (from Wisconsin), No. 92 and No. 96 (from Greensboro). The 2019 NBA G League Draft will take place on Saturday, Oct. 26 at 1:00 p.m. ET.
In 45 total games last season for the Blue Coats (24) and the Grand Rapids Drive (21), Evans averaged 11.3 points, 3.4 rebounds and 3.5 assists in 27.6 minutes per game.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from October 17, 2019
- Drive Announce 2019-20 Promos - Grand Rapids Drive
- Stockton Kings Announce Partnership with CBS13/CW31 - Stockton Kings
- Charge Acquire Returning Player Rights to Tyler Harris - Canton Charge
- Delaware Blue Coats Acquire Returning Player Rights to Doral Moore from Memphis Hustle - Delaware Blue Coats
- Memphis Hustle Acquires Returning Rights to Keenan Evans from Delaware Blue Coats - Memphis Hustle
- Capital City Acquires First-Round Draft Pick and Returning Rights to CJ Fair in Trade with Windy City - Capital City Go-Go
- Memphis Grizzlies Sign Shaq Buchanan - Memphis Hustle
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Delaware Blue Coats Stories
- Blue Coats Coast Past Red Claws in Midweek Matinee
- Blue Coats Fall to Magic, Magette at Home
- Blue Coats Best Bulls Behind Big Double-Double from Koumadje
- Blue Coats Acquire Returning Player Rights to Michael Frazier, Xavier Johnson and Hakim Warrick
- WWE Legend Bob Backlund Headlines Blue Coats' Second Annual Pro Wrestling Extravaganza on March 14