Dayton Gems to Honor Veterans with Ticket Offer this Friday
Dayton, OH - The Dayton Gems professional hockey team, proud members of the Central Hockey League, announced details on the upcoming promotions for this weekend's pair of home games against division rival Evansville IceMen on Friday and Saturday on Cassano's Italian Ice at the historic Hara Arena.
Spend Veterans Day With The Gems On Friday
The Gems plan on honoring American veterans during their November 11th home game against Evansville, complete with a special ticket offer and tributes during the game itself. Veterans of the armed forces can receive a ticket to Friday's game (with Military ID), while those purchasing tickets with a veteran can receive a special discounted ticket for just $8.
"Dayton is a big military city, bolstered by Wright-Patt Air Force Base and all of those brave men and women who have fought for our freedom, and this ticket offer is one way in which we can help give back to them and thank them for their service" said Gems Vice President of Ticketing Shawn Watring. In addition to the special ticket offer for veterans at the Hara Box office on gameday, the Gems have partnered with Operation Welcome Home and the Veterans of Foreign Wars to provide their organization with tickets to be distributed to member veterans for Friday night's game at Hara.
In the arena, the Gems will be honoring Veterans with a number of pregame ceremonies, and have invited three Women Veterans from the Dayton area, Master Sergeants Maliza Alverez and Jennifer Prakties with Colonel Loraine Simard, to drop the ceremonial first puck of the night.
Special 11-11-11 Group Ticket Package Friday Only
With Friday's home game falling on 11-11-11, the Gems have come up with a special group ticket offer, featuring 11 center ice tickets, 11 Gems t-shirts and 11 chuck-a-pucks for just $111 (a $275 value!). Fans can purchase this group package by calling 275-7777 before Friday at noon.
The Gems will also be handing out team posters to the first 1,000 fans through the gates when they open to the public at 6pm Friday night.
Gems Honor Military-Inspired Classic On Saturday
In celebration of the 25th anniversary of the classic Tom Cruise movie Top Gun, the Gems will be getting into the pilot spirit by handing out aviator sunglasses to the first 300 fans through the gates. In game entertainment and promotions will feature a similar theme to pay homage to Maverick and Goose while the Gems try to defeat the IceMen on the scoreboard.
Back by popular demand, Saturday night's game will feature the return of $1 Hot Dogs at the Hara concession stands, and the team will also be handing out the brand new Gems magnet schedule to fans entering the building.
Saturday night's game against the IceMen is presented by Joseph Airport Toyota.
Tickets Are Available For Both Games Now!
For tickets to this weekend's home games against the Evansville IceMen, call the Gems ticket office at 275-7777 or visit www.DaytonGems.com. Groups of ten or more can receive discounted tickets and additional perks by calling the Gems ticket office in advance to secure their seats.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from November 9, 2011
- Bucks Send Sundogs to the Pound - Laredo Bucks
- Bucks Top Sundogs, 6-3, in Penalty Filled Contest - Arizona Sundogs
- Hemingway's Hat Trick Leads Thunder to 5-3 Win Over Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Bees Fall to Americans 3-1 on Wednesday Night - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Friday Night's Mallards Game Available Via Audio Webcast - Quad City Mallards
- Dayton Gems Bryan Hogan Named CHL Goaltender of the Week - Dayton Gems
- Dayton Gems to Honor Veterans with Ticket Offer this Friday - Dayton Gems
- Orlando Pro Hockey and Current CHL Defenseman on Puska on Pucks - OSC Original by Denis Puska
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dayton Gems Stories
- Dayton Gems Donate Thousands of Dollars to Local Family & Area First Responders
- Dayton Gems End Season After 6-2 Loss to Komets Sunday
- Gems Play Season Finale Against Komets Today
- Gems Fall in Overtime to Komets 2-1 on Saturday Night
- Gems Host Komets for "Pack the House Night"