Dayton Dragons GameDay & Notes for Sunday
Sunday, July 21, 2019 l Game # 29 (99)
Northwestern Medicine Field l Geneva, Ill. l 2:00 p.m.
Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
Dayton Dragons (14-14, 42-56) at Kane County Cougars (18-10, 53-44)
Eduardo Salazar (4-1, 4.23) vs. RH Matt Tabor (4-2, 2.31)
Today's Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Kane County Cougars (affiliate of the Arizona Diamondbacks) in the second game of a three-game series. 2019 Season Series between Dayton and Kane County: Dayton 1, Kane County 0.
Last Game: Saturday: Dayton 1, Kane County 0. Andy Fisher and Connor Curlis combined on a one-hit shutout and Cameron Warren hit a home run to account for the only run of the game. Fisher, in his full-season debut, retired 15 of the 17 batters he faced while striking out eight. The only batters reaching against him came on an error and a hit batsman. Curlis notched the win and retired the last eight batters of the game. Warren's homer came in the 7th.
The Dragons have won six of their last seven games. During this seven-game period starting July 13, the Dragons are batting .273 (5th in the MWL), scoring 39 runs (4th) with a 2.76 ERA (3rd).
Over the last two games, Dragons pitchers have tossed 18 innings, allowing just three hits and one unearned run.
The Dragons have scored at least seven runs and collected at least 10 hits in four of their last six games.
Dragons relievers have allowed five earned runs in 45.2 innings (0.99 ERA) in the last 10 games.
Pabel Manzanero is batting .354 (23 for 65) over his last 16 games. In the Second Half, Manzanero leads the league in extra base hits (17) and is 2nd in doubles (12), tied for 5th in RBI (17), tied for 3rd in hits (34), tied for 4th in home runs (4), and 1st in slugging percentage (.556).
Michael Siani is batting .408 (20 for 49) with seven stolen bases over his last 13 games. He has an eight-game hitting streak, going 16 for 35 (.457). Siani's .362 batting average in July ranks 5th in the MWL.
Since May 24, Siani has played in 45 games and is batting .320 (56 for 175) with 20 stolen bases in 23 tries. Since May 24, he ranks first in the MWL in runs scored, first in hits, second in batting average, and first in stolen bases. - The Dragons top hitters in the Second Half (28 G) are Pabel Manzanero (.315, 12 doubles, 4 HR, 17 RBI, .556 slg. pct.); and Michael Siani (.295, 8 SB). - Dragons top hitters in July (18 G) are Siani (.362, 7 SB), and Manzanero (.315, 3 HR, 13 RBI, .548 slg. pct.).
Matt Pidich over his last 18 games: 1.09 ERA, 33 IP, 19 H, 9 R, 4 ER, 10 BB, 32 SO.
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (Game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Monday, July 22 (1:00 p.m.): Dayton RH Jhon De Jesus (2-9, 5.20) at Kane County RH Levi Kelly (4-0 2.24)
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from July 21, 2019
- Holderbach's Walk-Off Blast Beats Bowling Green - Quad Cities River Bandits
- River Bandits Edge Hot Rods 4-3 with Walk-Off Homer - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Snappers split doubleheader against Cubs Sunday - Beloit Snappers
- Chiefs Win Streak Ends in Lake County - Peoria Chiefs
- Wisconsin Sweeps Whitecaps to Reach .500 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Rattlers Take Game One from Whitecaps 6-2 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- 'Caps Take Tough L's - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Big 1st Inning Enough - Great Lakes Loons
- Cougars Offense Bounces Back to Even Series - Kane County Cougars
- TinCaps Walk Off Winners on a Steamy Sunday - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Fort Wayne Evens Series with Walk-Off Win - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Kane County Tops Dragons on Sunday, 8-5; Road Trip Concludes Monday Afternoon - Dayton Dragons
- Miller, Lugnuts Rally Past 'Kings, 4-2 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Draper Stymies Chiefs - Lake County Captains
- Early Offense Not Enough in 4-2 Loss - Clinton LumberKings
- Hot Rods Game Notes 7-21 - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- P Josh Hiatt reinstated from IL - Lansing Lugnuts
- TinCaps Game Notes: July 21 vs. Cedar Rapids (Game 97) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dayton Dragons GameDay & Notes for Sunday - Dayton Dragons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dayton Dragons Stories
- Registration Underway for Dragons 5K
- CareSource Continues Partnership with Dayton Dragons to Salute Area Veterans
- Dragons Announce Stadium Naming Rights Agreement with Day Air Credit Union
- Registration Begins Today for Dragons National Anthem Tryouts
- Dayton Dragons 2019 Organizational Year in Review