Daniel Barczuk acquired by Blue Jackets
COLUMBUS, OHIO - The Ohio Junior Blue Jackets have acquired forward Daniel Barczuk (Livonia, Mich.) in exchange for a fourth round selection in the 2007 United States Hockey League Draft to the Lincoln Stars, General Manager Don Harkins announced today.
The 6-foot-1, 185 pound Barczuk played in four games for the Stars, scoring twice in the season opener against Omaha. Barzcuk played 10 games last season for the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders, tallying 1-0-1, with a plus/minus rating of plus-3.
"He is a power forward with good size and has excellent speed with a scoring touch as well," said Harkins. "I've known him from coaching in the Detroit area and I think he is a great addition to our offense."
Harkins said Barczuk is expected to join the team Thursday and could be in the line up this weekend when the Junior Blue Jackets play host to the Sioux City Musketeers on Saturday and Sunday. Game time is at 7 p.m. Saturday in the Dispatch Ice Haus and at 6 p.m. Sunday in Nationwide Arena.
Ohio Junior Blue Jackets individual game tickets for 2006-07 regular season home games are on sale now at Nationwide Arena, The Chiller Ice Rinks, all Ticketmaster Ticket Centers and www.BlueJackets.com. For information on season tickets, mini-plans and group tickets, call (614) 246-PUCK or (800) NHL-COLS.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from October 18, 2006
- Stampede Acquire Grun from Cedar Rapids - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Lamouruex commits to Northern Michigan - Tri-City Storm
- Daniel Barczuk acquired by Blue Jackets - Ohio Junior Blue Jackets
- X-Men's Wolverine Invades Ice Arena as RoughRiders Host Tri-City Saturday - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders
- Bucs power by Lancers 4-0 - Omaha Lancers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.