D.C. United's Jaime Moreno called up to Bolivian National Team
Washington, D.C. (September 4, 2008) - D.C. United announced today that forward Jaime Moreno has been called up to join the Bolivian National Team to play a World Cup qualifier versus Ecuador on September 6 and against Brazil on September 10.
After making his debut as Bolivia's youngest player in the 1994 World Cup, Moreno became a fixture on the National Team roster throughout most of the 1990s. Moreno made his comeback to the team in June 2007 for the Copa America, scoring two goals in three matches. Later that year, Moreno was called up again to be part of the national team for a World Cup qualifying game against Uruguay. Moreno's most recent appearances with the team were on November 17 and 21 when the Bolivian National team lost to Argentina and tied against Venezuela in qualifying matches. During his career, the 34-year-old striker has represented his country 73 times, scoring 11 goals.
D.C. United's captain has started off the 2008 season with the numbers that first made him the League's all-time leading goal-scorer last year. In the first half of the season, Moreno has already tallied nine goals and eight assists in 20 games played.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 4, 2008
- Rapids Pick Up Three Vital Points on Road With 1-0 Victory at Dallas - Colorado Rapids
- Red Bull New York launches RedBullArena.us - New York Red Bulls
- Guillermo Barros Schelotto Voted MLS Player of the Month for August - MLS
- Chicago Fire Academy Player Called Into U17 Men's National Team Residency Program - Chicago Fire
- D.C. United's CONCACAF Champions League Opponents Set - D.C. United
- Earthquakes Sign Michael Ghebru and Davide Somma - San Jose Earthquakes
- D.C. United's Jaime Moreno called up to Bolivian National Team - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent D.C. United Stories
- D.C. United Beat Colorado Rapids 3-2 on the Road
- D.C. United Announce Two Washington Spirit Matches at Audi Field
- D.C. United Draw 0-0 with Montreal at Audi Field
- D.C. United Fall to LAFC 4-0 at Audi Field
- D.C. United Announce Complimentary FloFC Subscriptions for Black-And-Red Fans in April