Earthquakes Sign Michael Ghebru and Davide Somma
SAN JOSE, CALIF. -- The San Jose Earthquakes announced today that the team has signed Michael Ghebru and Davide Somma to developmental contracts. Per league and team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Ghebru, 20, was born in Germany and played in the youth system at three different clubs. He spent time with Offenbacher Fotball Club Kickers 1901, MSV Duisburg and Eintracht Frankfurt. Ghebru will count as an international on the Earthquakes roster.
Somma, 23, was born in South Africa, but has Italian citizenship and also possesses a green card. He has spent time with three Italian clubs in his career. He started his career with Perugia in 2004, before signing with FC Pro Vasto in 2005. Somma played most recently for Olbia Calcio.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 4, 2008
- Rapids Pick Up Three Vital Points on Road With 1-0 Victory at Dallas - Colorado Rapids
- Red Bull New York launches RedBullArena.us - New York Red Bulls
- Guillermo Barros Schelotto Voted MLS Player of the Month for August - MLS
- Chicago Fire Academy Player Called Into U17 Men's National Team Residency Program - Chicago Fire
- D.C. United's CONCACAF Champions League Opponents Set - D.C. United
- Earthquakes Sign Michael Ghebru and Davide Somma - San Jose Earthquakes
- D.C. United's Jaime Moreno called up to Bolivian National Team - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.