D.C. United Celebrate Major League Soccer's "Soccer for All" Month
D.C. United will celebrate the second annual MLS Soccer For All Month in June. Soccer For All month highlights Major League Soccer's initiative that everyone is welcome to MLS, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or socioeconomic status and emphasizes the league's commitment to drive positive social change and end discrimination.
On June 8, D.C. United will participate in the One Journey Refugee Community Soccer Day, which seeks to harness the power of the global sport of soccer to transcend differences and bring people together. Chris Odoi-Atsem and mascot Talon will participate in the youth games and clinics that will help connect refugees and their host communities. More about the Festival is available here.
D.C. United will kick off their Special Olympics Unified season with the team's signing day on June 14. The athletes and partners who will represent Special Olympics DC and D.C. United will sign their contracts and receive their uniforms. The team will play at home against Special Olympics Massachusetts on July 12 and on the road against Special Olympics Georgia on July 21 at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta.
The club will take part in the Capital Pride Festival on June 9, a full day of entertainment, music, food, drink, education, and celebration of the LGBTQ+ community, before capping off Soccer For All Month with the 9th annual Pride Night on June 26 against Orlando City FC. A portion of ticket sales will support Federal Triangles Soccer Club and Team DC.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 7, 2019
- Sporting KC Settles for 2-2 Draw in Toronto - Sporting Kansas City
- Five Sounders FC Players Named to Final 23-Man Rosters for 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup - Seattle Sounders FC
- Marcinkowski, Yueill Called to U.S. U-23 National Team - San Jose Earthquakes
- Matchups Set for 5th Annual Campeon de Campeones and SuperCopa MX Doubleheader on July 14 at Dignity Health Sports Park - LA Galaxy
- D.C. United Celebrate Major League Soccer's "Soccer for All" Month - D.C. United
- #SJvFCD: 5Things You Need to Know About the Match - FC Dallas
- Concacaf Gold Cup Doubleheader at Bbva Compass Stadium Sold Out - Houston Dynamo
- Earthquakes, Wells Fargo to Present $25,500 in Goals for Education Scholarships to 17 College-Bound Seniors - San Jose Earthquakes
- Andres Flores, Andy Polo Named to Final National Team Rosters for CONCACAF Gold Cup, Conmebol Copa America - Portland Timbers
- Minnesota United FC vs. Colorado Rapids Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Atlanta United Signs Tony Annan to Contract Extension - Atlanta United FC
- Philadelphia Union Partners with Real Jersey FC - Philadelphia Union
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.