D.C. United Announces Partnerships with NBC Sports Washington and TeleXitos
WASHINGTON, D.C - D.C. United have today announced partnerships with NBC Sports Washington and TeleXitos, Telemundo's multicast network, to broadcast live D.C. United matches, respectively, with English- and Spanish-language commentary during the 2021 and 2022 MLS seasons.
NBC Sports Washington and TeleXitos will each televise up to 33 D.C. United matches this season. D.C. United will also continue to stream all of the club's matches in 2021 at no cost on www.dcunited.com for fans within a certain radius of Audi Field (learn if you are eligible to stream here).
Dave Johnson will remain the English-speaking voice of the club for live-match coverage on NBC Sports Washington and DCUnited.com, and Telemundo 44's Moises Linares will assume the role of play-by-play announcer for Spanish-language live-match coverage on TeleXitos.
"As we embark on this new, exciting chapter for the club, we felt it was important to provide more access to view our matches. We understand the importance of our broadcast and what it means to our growing sport and our diverse fanbase here in the District," said Danita Johnson, D.C. United President of Business Operations. "Partnering with NBC Sports Washington and TeleXitos provides us the opportunity to grow our club's and Major League Soccer's footprint in both English and Spanish-speaking populations."
"We are committing to delivering compelling live content to sports fans throughout the region, so we are pleased to form partnerships that will bring D.C. United matches to both NBC Sports Washington and TeleXitos to serve their English- and Spanish-language fans throughout the region," said Jackie Bradford, president and general manager of NBC4 (WRC-TV), Telemundo 44 (WZDC) and NBC Sports Washington. "We are excited to be part of the passionate D.C. United community and look forward to a great season."
For information on how to find NBC Sports Washington and NBC Sports Washington Plus, please see here. In the Washington, D.C., region, TeleXitos can be found on over-the-air television (Ch. 44.2) and on Comcast Xfinity (Ch. 281), Cox (Ch. 808) and Verizon Fios (Ch. 493).
D.C. United will open their 2021 MLS Regular Season on April 17 at 8 p.m. ET at Audi Field against New York City FC. The match will be available live on NBC Sports Washington Plus, TeleXitos, and www.dcunited.com.
For more information on D.C. United's 2021 Major League Soccer schedule please visit: www.dcunited.com/schedule.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 12, 2021
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: April 12, 2021 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. LD Alajuelense - Atlanta United FC
- Sporting KC Players and Staff Receive COVID-19 Vaccination - Sporting Kansas City
- Inter Miami CF Signs Goalkeeper Nick Marsman - Inter Miami CF
- D.C. United Announces Partnerships with NBC Sports Washington and TeleXitos - D.C. United
- Columbus Crew SC Announces New Partnership with Columbus-Based American Electronic Power - Columbus Crew SC
- Columbus Crew SC Provides Injury Update on Midfielder Kevin Molino - Columbus Crew SC
- Nashville Soccer Club Extends Contract of Head Coach Gary Smith - Nashville SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent D.C. United Stories
- D.C. United Win 1-0 against Inter Miami CF at Audi Field
- D.C. United to Play CF Montreal at DRV PNK Stadium in Fort Lauderdale on June 23
- Mark Ingram II Joins D.C. United Ownership Group
- D.C. United Win 3-0 against Inter Miami CF on the Road
- D.C. United Midfielder Edison Flores Sustains Hamstring Injury