Cyclones Announce Season Ending Roster
The Cincinnati Cyclones, in conjunction with the ECHL, have released their Season-Ending Roster for the 2015-2016 season.
The Cyclones' Season Ending Roster is as follows:
Goaltenders (2): Neil Conway, Andy Iles
Defensemen (4): Andrew Blazek, Cody Carlson, Riley Weselowski, Brett Wysopal
Forwards (13): Zach Budish, Jack Downing, Brett Ferguson, Branden Gracel, Nick Huard, Levko Koper, Tommy Mele, Christiaan Minella, Colin Mulvey, Adam Payerl, Garrick Perry, Joe Wilson, Andrew Yogan
*Italics indicate player did not appear in 2015-16 regular season games for Cyclones
Per ECHL League rules, Season-Ending Rosters may include up to 20 players, and cannot include any players who did not sign an ECHL contract in 2015-16. Each team is entitled to reserve rights to a maximum of eight players from the list of 20 by extending a qualifying offer no later than July 1. Of the eight qualified players, no more than four can be veterans (260 regular season professional hockey games played as of the start of the 2016-17 season).
Players on open qualifying offers cannot be traded, and teams are not required to extend a qualifying offer to players who sign a contract prior to July 1. The qualifying offer must remain open for acceptance until August 1, at which time the qualifying offer becomes null and void and the team may sign the qualified player to any salary, or may elect to take no further action. Teams that extend a valid qualifying offer to a non-veteran player shall retain the rights to that qualified player for one playing season.
Teams that extend a valid qualifying offer to a veteran player, or to a goaltender who has played more than 180 regular-season games will retain the rights to that player until August 1. After that date, if the veteran player or goaltender is not signed to a contract by the team, he shall be deemed a restricted free agent and shall be entitled to seek and secure offers of employment from other ECHL teams.
Restricted free agents may not be traded, and when a restricted free agent receives a contract offer from a team other than the one that owns his rights and he wishes to accept the contract offer, the restricted free agent and the offering team must, notify the ECHL, the team with the player's rights, and the Professional Hockey Players' Association within 24 hours. The team with the player's rights then has seven days after the date it is notified to exercise its right to match the contract offer.
If a restricted free agent is not signed to either an offer sheet or a contract by an ECHL team by Aug. 31, the player shall be deemed an unrestricted free agent.
The countdown to the 2016-17 First Face-Off is underway! The Cyclones will return to U.S. Bank Arena on Saturday, October 15 when they host the Indy Fuel at 7:35pm. Between now and then, be on the lookout for several offseason events like Meijer Concrete Clones! Additionally, 2016-17 Season Ticket Packages are available NOW! Call 513.421.PUCK to reserve your seats. Fans can also get the latest team updates throughout the offseason on Facebook, Twitter (@CincyCyclones), and Instagram, along with our website, www.cycloneshockey.com !
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from June 16, 2016
- 2015-16 Wheeling Nailers Season in Review - Wheeling Nailers
- Aces Announce NHL Affiliation with Vancouver - Alaska Aces
- Nuckols, Mousseaux Named Co-Recipients of 2015-16 Ryan Birmingham Memorial Award - ECHL
- Steelheads Named Among Treasure Valley's Top Sporting Events - Idaho Steelheads
- Beast Acquire 2015-16 Kelly Cup Champion Courtnall from Americans - Brampton Beast
- Walleye Announce Season Ending Roster - Toledo Walleye
- Jackals, Russell Part Ways - Elmira Jackals
- Colorado Eagles Announce Season-Ending Roster - Colorado Eagles
- Stingrays Announce 2015-16 Season-Ending Roster - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones Announce Season Ending Roster - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Announces Season-Ending Rosters - ECHL
- Solar Bears Announce 2015-16 Season Ending Roster - Orlando Solar Bears
- Rush to Announce First Player - Rapid City Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.