Walleye Announce Season Ending Roster
Toledo, OH - The Toledo Walleye announced today its ending roster from the 2015-16 season. Information about season ending rosters is listed below the list of players.
Goaltender Jeff Lerg along with defensemen Joel Chouinard, Joe Sova, Matt Caito, Beau Schmitz, Ralfs Freibergs, Jared Nightingale, Spencer Humphries and Jacob MacDonald are all listed. The forwards that make up the list are: Michael Leone, Shane Berschbach, Austin Wuthrich, Tyler Sikura, Tylor and Tyson Spink, A.J. Jenks, Kyle Bonis, Evan Rankin and Max Gaede.
Season-Ending Rosters may include up to 20 players. Season-Ending Rosters cannot include any players who did not sign an ECHL contract in 2015-16.
Each team is entitled to reserve rights to a maximum of eight players from the list of 20 by extending a qualifying offer no later than July 1. Of the eight qualified players, no more than four can be veterans (260 regular season professional hockey games played as of the start of the 2016-17 season). Players on open qualifying offers cannot be traded. Teams are not required to extend a qualifying offer to players who sign a contract prior to July 1.
The qualifying offer must remain open for acceptance until Aug. 1 at which time the qualifying offer becomes null and void and the team may sign the qualified player to any salary or may elect to take no further action. Teams that extend a valid qualifying offer to a non-veteran player shall retain the rights to that qualified player for one playing season.
A team that extends a valid qualifying offer to a veteran player, or to a goaltender who has played more than 180 regular-season games, will retain the rights to that player until Aug. 1. After Aug. 1, if the veteran player or goaltender is not signed to a contract by the team, the veteran or goaltender shall be deemed a restricted free agent and shall be entitled to seek and secure offers of employment from other ECHL teams. Restricted free agents may not be traded. When a restricted free agent receives a contract offer from a team other than the team with the player's rights and the restricted free agent wishes to accept the contract offer, the restricted free agent and the offering member must, within 24 hours, notify the ECHL, the team with the player's rights and the Professional Hockey Players' Association. The member with the player's rights shall have seven days after the date it is notified to exercise its right to match the contract offer.
If a restricted free agent is not signed to either an offer sheet or a contract by an ECHL team by Aug. 31, the player shall be deemed an unrestricted free agent.
Game Plan tickets for 2016-17 are on sale now by calling 419-725-9255 or online at www.toledowalleye.com. Toledo Walleye home opener is October 22 against Brampton Beasts.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from June 16, 2016
- 2015-16 Wheeling Nailers Season in Review - Wheeling Nailers
- Aces Announce NHL Affiliation with Vancouver - Alaska Aces
- Nuckols, Mousseaux Named Co-Recipients of 2015-16 Ryan Birmingham Memorial Award - ECHL
- Steelheads Named Among Treasure Valley's Top Sporting Events - Idaho Steelheads
- Beast Acquire 2015-16 Kelly Cup Champion Courtnall from Americans - Brampton Beast
- Walleye Announce Season Ending Roster - Toledo Walleye
- Jackals, Russell Part Ways - Elmira Jackals
- Colorado Eagles Announce Season-Ending Roster - Colorado Eagles
- Stingrays Announce 2015-16 Season-Ending Roster - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones Announce Season Ending Roster - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Announces Season-Ending Rosters - ECHL
- Solar Bears Announce 2015-16 Season Ending Roster - Orlando Solar Bears
- Rush to Announce First Player - Rapid City Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.