Cutthroats Fall to Third in Central Hockey League Standings
Rapid City - The Denver Cutthroats and Rapid City Rush battled for first place in the Central Hockey League on Friday, November 29 at Rushmore Plaza Civic Center. The Denver Cutthroats fell to third place after losing by three to the Rapid City Rush.
The Rapid City Rush took a two-goal lead during opening period on Friday night. Kyle Stroh (Ryan Palmer, Justin Faryna) put the first goal of the night on the board. Rapid City's Eric Giosa (Justin Sawyer) gave the Rush a 2-0 lead over the Denver Cutthroats with 16 seconds left in the opening period.
Eric Giosa (Scott Wray, Jordan Behler) scored his second goal of the night to give Rapid City their third consecutive goal. Three minutes later, Denver Cutthroats Aaron MacKenzie (Vincent Arseneau, T.J. Fox) netted the Cutthroats first and only puck of the night to close the period 3-1 Rush.
With two minutes remaining in regulation, the Denver Cutthroats pulled goaltender Kent Patterson to attack the Rapid City Rush zone. Rapid City's Konrad Reeder (Scott Brannon, Jesse Schultz) managed to find the empty net to defend the Rush's number one place in the Central Hockey League and take the night 4-1 over the Cutthroats. The Denver Cutthroats fell to third in the Central Hockey League after tonight's loss as the Missouri Mavericks gained two points with their victory over the Tulsa Oilers.
The Denver Cutthroats three-game road series against Rapid City will conclude Saturday, November 30 at Rushmore Plaza Civic Center in Rapid City, South Dakota. Denver will then head to St. Charles, Missouri on Friday, December 6 and Saturday, December 7 to face the St. Charles Chill for the first time in franchise history. The Cutthroats will return to the Denver Coliseum to face the Chill for the final night in the three-game series on Wednesday, December 11. For ticket information, visit DenverCutthroats.com or call 866.464.2626.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from November 29, 2013
- Hanson and Lavoie Each Score Two in Americans' 5-3 Victory - Allen Americans
- Cutthroats Fall to Third in Central Hockey League Standings - Denver Cutthroats
- Mavericks Win 4-3 over Oilers - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mallards Nip St. Charles - Quad City Mallards
- Tulsa's Comeback Bid Falls Short in Missouri - Tulsa Oilers
- Thunder Shake up Roster on Black Friday - Wichita Thunder
- Shots from the Point for November 29, 2013 - CHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Denver Cutthroats Stories
- Veteran Defenseman Returns to the Denver Cutthroats
- Former Open Tryout Participant Returns to the Denver Cutthroats
- Denver Cutthroats Hold Third Annual Open Tryouts
- Denver Cutthroats Add Two More to 2014-15 Roster
- Two Veterans Add Depth to Cutthroats 2014-15 Roster