Cutthroats Acquire Defenseman at CHL Trade Deadline
DENVER - The Denver Cutthroats announced today they have acquired defenseman Michael Trebish from the Bloomington Blaze in exchange for forward Brett Lutes before the Central Hockey League's traded deadline on Monday afternoon.
The 23-year-old Trebish (TREH-bish) appeared in 39 games this season for the Blaze registering seven assists and a plus-7 rating. The 6-foot-1, 195-pound defenseman is a native of Yorkton, Saskatchewan and completed a four-year career at Ferris State University before beginning his rookie campaign this season.
Lutes was signed by Denver before the start of the 2012-13 season and tallied 23 points in 27 games this year on four goals and 19 assists with a plus-1 rating.
The Cutthroats host the Arizona Sundogs at 7:05 PM MST on Tuesday.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 5, 2013
- Tulsa's Menei & Gordon Fell Rush 5-2 - Rapid City Rush
- Brahmas Score Late, Drop Americans in Shootout - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Menei's Monster Night Powers Oilers Past Rush - Tulsa Oilers
- Mavericks Come from Behind, Edge Mallards 4-3 - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks Come Back to Beat Mallards, 4-3 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Millan Named CHL's Goalie of the Week - Denver Cutthroats
- Denver's Kieran Millan Named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week - CHL
- Blaze Acquire Lutes in Trade with Denver - Bloomington Blaze
- Cutthroats Acquire Defenseman at CHL Trade Deadline - Denver Cutthroats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Denver Cutthroats Stories
- Veteran Defenseman Returns to the Denver Cutthroats
- Former Open Tryout Participant Returns to the Denver Cutthroats
- Denver Cutthroats Hold Third Annual Open Tryouts
- Denver Cutthroats Add Two More to 2014-15 Roster
- Two Veterans Add Depth to Cutthroats 2014-15 Roster