Crosscutters blank Cyclones, 3-0
Williamsport broke their 4-game losing skid with a 3-0 win Wednesday night in Brooklyn.
RHP Derek Antelo provided another excellent start going six innings and allowing only three hits and one walk while striking out four in recording his third win a the season and lowering his ERA to 1.85 in the process. Even in the win, Williamsport again could not capitalize with runners on base, leaving 12 stranded in the game. Two of the Cutters three runs came on hit batters with the bases-loaded.
The Cutters road trip continues in Brooklyn on Thursday night with game two of the three game series.
• Discuss this story on the New York-Penn League message board...
New York-Penn League Stories from July 13, 2005
- Aberdeen defeated by Yankees 8-0 - Aberdeen IronBirds
- Cyclones contine six-game homestand - Brooklyn Cyclones
- Crosscutters blank Cyclones, 3-0 - Williamsport Crosscutters
- Cards blank Renegades - Hudson Valley Renegades
- Cyclones offer deal - Brooklyn Cyclones
- New Jersey Cardinals notebook - New Jersey Cardinals
- Struggling offense drop IronBirds again - Aberdeen IronBirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.