Crocker Invited to Hockey Canada's National Under-17 Development Camp
Prince Albert, SK - Prince Albert Raiders prospect Niall Crocker was invited to Hockey Canada's virtual National Under-17 Development Camp.
The camp featuring 113 players is set for July 19 to 25 to introduce players to Hockey Canada in preparation for the 2020 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge. The roster of players will be split into six teams for the week-long virtual camp and will participate in a variety of sessions with a focus on player development through online education.
Crocker was picked 22nd overall in the 2019 WHL Bantam Draft. Hailing from Delta, BC, he signed with the Raiders on May 16, 2019. In seven games with Delta Hockey Academy Prep, he had a pair of assists.
He also suited up in three WHL Preseason games, registering an assist. During the 2019 WHL Cup, Crocker had a pair of goals en route to a bronze medal victory over Alberta.
Crocker spent last season with Delta Hockey Academy's U17 Prep team.
"The National Under-17 Development Camp is the first stage in introducing these athletes to the Program of Excellence, and it is a great opportunity for them to develop as players and learn what it takes to wear the Maple Leaf," said Scott Salmond, Senior Vice-President of National Teams with Hockey Canada.
The 2020 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge, presented by TELUS, takes place in Charlottetown and Summerside, PEI in November.
The Raiders are also hosting a clearance sale at the Prince Albert Source For Sports Team Store in the Art Hauser Centre and online. Use the promo code CLEARANCE2020 to receive 20% off your order online or in store. Some restrictions apply.
Check out the Raiders game-worn jersey auction hosted on CHL Auctions. Bidding ends on Monday, July 6 at Noon MT.
Season tickets for the 2020-21 campaign are now available as the Raiders will celebrate their 50th season of play. Ticket information is available at raiderhockey.com/season-tickets. The WHL is targeting a return date of October 2. For more information on the WHL's Return to Play Protocol, visit raiderhockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from June 24, 2020
- Holland Inducted into Hockey Hall of Fame - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Jarome Iginla Elected to the Hockey Hall of Fame - Kamloops Blazers
- Jordan Gustafson and Kevin Korchinski Named to Team Canada U-17 Development Camp - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Mallette named an assistant for upcoming 2020 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge - Kelowna Rockets
- Hockey Canada Names Buchberger Head Coach for National Men's U-17 Team White - Tri-City Americans
- 3 Wheat Kings Prospects Invited to Hockey Canada Under-17 Development Camp - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Prospect Ben Thornton Invited to Hockey Canada U-17 Camp - Spokane Chiefs
- Oilers Prospect and General Manager Named to Hockey Canada's National Under-17 Camp Roster - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Four Broncos Prospects Invited to Virtual Team Canadian National U17 Development Camp - Swift Current Broncos
- Crocker Invited to Hockey Canada's National Under-17 Development Camp - Prince Albert Raiders
- Royals' Jason Spizawka & Kalem Parker Named to Hockey Canada's Under-17 Development Camp - Victoria Royals
- Two Giants Prospects Named to Team Canada's U-17 Summer Development Camp - Vancouver Giants
- Blazers Send Three Players to Canada's Under-17 Development Camp - Kamloops Blazers
- Lisowsky to Participate in Hockey Canada's U-17 Virtual Development Camp - Saskatoon Blades
- Hockey Canada Names 35 WHL Players to National Under-17 Development Camp - WHL
- Three Cougars Named to Hockey Canada's National Under 17 Development Camp - Prince George Cougars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Prince Albert Raiders Stories
- Guhle Signs Entry-Level Contract with Canadiens
- Wiesblatt Signs Entry-Level Contract with Sharks
- Guhle, Wiesblatt Selected in First Round of 2020 NHL Draft
- Raiders Alumnus Draisaitl Wins Hart Memorial Trophy, Ted Lindsay Award at 2020 NHL Awards
- Raiders Launch Game Puck Package for Fans