Crawdads Split Series with Greensboro
Hickory, NC - In Sunday's series finale, late runs proved costly as the 'Dads lost 4-3 to the Greensboro Grasshoppers. The teams split the six-game series, with each taking three games.
Greensboro got the first runs of the game, scoring two in the first inning.
The Crawdads got three across in the fifth inning to take a 3-2 lead. Keyber Rodriguez and Scott Kapers singled to start the rally. Evan Carter drew a walk to load the bases for Luisangel Acuña. Acuña struck out but a wild pitch on strike three allowed everyone to advance a base and the 'Dads first run to score. Cristian Inoa's single tied the game and Cody Freeman put the Crawdads ahead with a base hit.
Mason Englert finished his evening after 5.1 innings, allowing just the two runs, with no walks, seven hits allowed, and eight strikeouts.
Greensboro retook the lead with two runs in the eighth off Triston Polley, who was charged with a blown save and a loss.
The Crawdads will hit the road for a week in Greenville before returning on Tuesday, May 24th for a six-game homestand against the Winston-Salem Dash.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from May 15, 2022
- Back-To-Back Homers Lift Hoppers to Series Split - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Drive Finish Series in Asheville - Greenville Drive
- Dash Bats Come Alive to Win Final Game of Series against Rome - Winston-Salem Dash
- Cyclones Drop a Pair on Sunday Afternoon - Brooklyn Cyclones
- Crawdads Split Series with Greensboro - Hickory Crawdads
- BG Late Charge Falls Short in 5-3 Loss on Sunday - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Renegades Tipped by Aberdeen - Hudson Valley Renegades
- Dash Stave off Sweep, Take Sunday's Game Six - Rome Braves
- Brown Sharp; Claws Get 5-3 Sunday W - Jersey Shore BlueClaws
- Tourists Stay Hot with Bounce Back Performance - Asheville Tourists
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- HVR Game Notes - May 15, 2022 - Hudson Valley Renegades
- Zavala's Two HRs Help Hickory Beat Hoppers - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Drive Defeat Tourists - Greenville Drive
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.