Crawdads Comeback to Complete Sweep
Hickory, NC - The Crawdads defeated the Kannapolis Intimidators 7-5 on Wednesday night to finish off the three-game sweep.
The win puts the 'Dads in first place for the first time in the second half.
The Intimidators scored three runs in the top of the second inning off Crawdads lefty Grant Wolfram.
The 'Dads answered with a pair of runs to cut the score to 3-2. Miguel Aparicio walked and Jonathan Ornelas singled to put two runners on. Jonathan Ornelas hit a grounder that forced Whatley out at second but Aparicio came in to score.
Kannapolis got two more runs on the board in the fourth inning to pull ahead 5-2.
Miguel Aparicio hit his ninth homer of the season and second of the series to put the 'Dads within two runs.
The Crawdads completed the comeback in the sixth inning with four runs. Aparicio and Whatley hit consecutive singles and Jonathan Ornelas brought the first run in with a double. Two more runs came in on Frainyer Chavez's single. Pedro Gonzalez drew a walk and Josh Jung singled to load the bases. Tyreque Reed hit a sac fly to score a run and cap off the scoring for the inning.
The Crawdads return on Tuesday night to begin a seven game homestand. It is Dollar Dog Tuesday which means hot dogs are $1 thanks to Hebrew National and WHKY 1290AM and 102.3FM and fans can bring their dogs for $1 courtesy of Cody Law Firm. Craft pints will also be on sale for $2 thanks to Lowes Foods.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from July 17, 2019
- Crawdads Comeback to Complete Sweep - Hickory Crawdads
- RiverDogs Offense Shows up Too Late in Road Finale - Charleston RiverDogs
- 'Birds Fall Quietly to 'Claws in Six - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Salvatore's Walk-Off Sacrifice Fly Secures Sweep - West Virginia Power
- Pitching Falters in 11-1 Loss to 'Hoppers - Hagerstown Suns
- Vientos and Newton Both Go Yard in Finale in West Virginia - Columbia Fireflies
- Tourists Top Drive, 4-0, on Wednesday - Greenville Drive
- Schmidt Hurls Complete Game, Two-Hit Shutout - Asheville Tourists
- Homestand Preview #9: July 18-21 - Hagerstown Suns
- Hagerstown Suns: Game Notes - Hagerstown Suns
- World's Largest Moon Landing Punctuates RiverDogs' Upcoming Homestand - Charleston RiverDogs
- Fireflies Game Notes: July 17 at West Virginia (Game 93) - Columbia Fireflies
- Game Notes (July 17) - West Virginia Power
- Lexington Evens Series with 6-4 Win in Extras - Rome Braves
- Bill on Baseball: Mangieri Makes Presence Felt with Two HRs - Greensboro Grasshoppers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.