Coyotes Sign Mccartney to Entry-Level Contract
GLENDALE, ARIZONA - Arizona Coyotes General Manager Bill Armstrong announced today that the Coyotes have signed forward Ben McCartney to a three-year entry-level contract. As per Club policy, terms of the contract were not disclosed.
"We are very pleased to sign Ben to an entry-level contract," said Armstrong. "Ben had a great junior career and played well for the Roadrunners last season. We look forward to watching him continue to develop next year in Tucson."
This past season, the 19-year-old McCartney led the Brandon Wheat Kings (WHL) and finished second in the League in scoring with 13-24-37 and 29 penalty minutes (PIM) in 24 games. He registered 61-90-151 and 238 PIM in 205 career games with Brandon over five seasons. The 6-foot, 183-pound native of Macdonald, MB also recorded 1-4-5 and two PIM in four games with the Tucson Roadrunners (AHL) in 2021.
McCartney was originally drafted by the Coyotes in the seventh round (204th overall) in the 2020 NHL Entry Draft.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from May 27, 2021
- San Jose Barracuda Announce Team Award Winners for 2020-21 Season - San Jose Barracuda
- Cal O'Reilly Wins Fred T. Hunt Memorial Award - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Lehigh Valley's Cal O'Reilly Wins Fred T. Hunt Memorial Award - AHL
- Coyotes Sign Mccartney to Entry-Level Contract - Tucson Roadrunners
- P-Bruins Defenseman Josiah Didier Wins Inaugural Colby Cave Memorial Award - Providence Bruins
- Finals Preview: Condors Look for Series Win at 7 p.m. - Bakersfield Condors
- Islanders Offer Perks to Grow Local Business - Bridgeport Islanders
- Silver Knights Fall in Game One against Condors - Henderson Silver Knights
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tucson Roadrunners Stories
- Roadrunners Release Regular Season Schedule for 2021-2022
- 21-22 Schedule Matrix Announced
- Jake Snyder Joins Roadrunners as Manager of Corporate Partnerships
- Roadrunners Home Opener Set for Saturday, October 23
- Roadrunners to Host NHL Draft Party July 23 at TCC