Courtney Williams Named Player of the Week
UNCASVILLE, Conn. - The WNBA announced Tuesday, September 3 the Conference Players of the Week for action during the week of August 26. Connecticut Sun guard Courtney Williams was named Eastern Conference Player of the Week while Brittney Griner of the Phoenix Mercury was named from the Western Conference.
Williams and the Sun went 2-0 defeating the Seattle Storm 89-72 and the New York Liberty 94-84. The South Florida product averaged 21.5 ppg, 5.5 rpg and 4.5 apg over the two game span.
Against the Storm, Williams shot 50% from the field and scored 17 points. She also grabbed five rebounds and dished out four assists. In the the following game against the Liberty, she scored her 4th 20+ point game of the season. Williams scored 26 points, her second highest scoring game of the season, while also recording six rebounds and five assists.
The Sun compete on both Wednesday, September 4 against the Dallas Wings at 7:00 p.m.? and Friday, September 6 against the Chicago Sky at 7:30 p.m. Tickets for all games at Mohegan Sun Arena available now. Visit ConnecticutSun.com or call 877-SUN-TIXX to purchase.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from September 5, 2019
- Aces Miss out on Opportunity to Clinch First Round Bye With, 78-74, Loss at Atlanta - Las Vegas Aces
- Wings Battle Mystics in Nation's Capital - Dallas Wings
- Indiana Fever Announce Butler University's Hinkle Fieldhouse as Home Venue for 2020, 2021 and Part of 2022 WNBA Seasons - Indiana Fever
- Wings Sign Karlie Samuelson for Remainder of Season - Dallas Wings
- Courtney Williams Named Player of the Week - Connecticut Sun
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.