Cotton Kings make roster moves
LUBBOCK, TX: October 19, 2006 - The Lubbock Cotton Kings finalized their roster for Saturday night's season opener against the Odessa Jackalopes by making a myriad of moves to comply with Central Hockey League roster limitations. The Kings placed goaltender Michael Gartner on waivers, assigned forwards Jaydyn Murray and Michael Young to the team's Extended Training Camp List (Taxi Squad) and placed forward Andrew Luciuk on the Negotiation List.
With the moves, the Cotton Kings now have the league allowed 18-man active roster. The roster includes goaltenders Josh Gartner and Mike Stanton, forwards Bobby Brown, Jimmy Callahan, Paul D'Agostino, Philippe Lacasse, Paul McBrien, Kyle Nosan, Corey Rutt, Ryan Scapinello, Simon Watson and Trevor Weisgerber, and defensemen Chris Barth, Stacey Bauman, Jason Beatty, Marc Bianchi, Craig Minard and Troy Neumeier. The Taxi Squad, which contains Murray and Young, can only be exercised through October 25th. In order for a player from the Taxi Squad to be activated to the active roster, a player from the active roster must be waived, traded or injured (certain injury restrictions apply). On October 25th, players on the Taxi Squad must either be activated, waived or traded. Players on the active roster may not be placed on the Taxi Squad. Luciuk was placed on the negotiation list due to an injury he suffered training for the season and he is currently undergoing rehabilitation.
The Cotton Kings are currently preparing for their eighth season of professional hockey in the South Plains. The season opener is set for Saturday as Lubbock hosts the Odessa Jackalopes at the Lubbock Municipal Coliseum. Season ticket and corporate sponsorship information for the upcoming season is available by contacting the Cotton Kings office at (806) 747-7825. Additional 'Kings info can be found online via their official site at www.cottonkings.com.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from October 20, 2006
- Eagles Drop Home Opener to Rage 5-4 - Colorado Eagles
- Sundogs Open Regular Season with 6-3 Win - Arizona Sundogs
- Bees drop season opener - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Mudbugs Come Up Short in Opener - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- RiverKings Rally Twice to Tie, But Fall in Shootout - Mississippi RiverKings
- Gorillas season opener tomorrow night - Amarillo Gorillas
- Scorpions open tenth season in Amarillo Saturday - New Mexico Scorpions
- SteelHounds Face Memphis Tonight - Youngstown SteelHounds
- Cotton Kings make roster moves - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Killer Bees game night preview - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.