Cotton Kings Announce Preseason and Sneak Peak of Promotional Schedule
LUBBOCK, TX: August 17, 2006 - The Lubbock Cotton Kings have 13 three-in-three weekend sets in their schedule this season. Head Coach Chris Dashney will give his team a taste of what is expected in the three-in-three sets as he prepares them for the regular season, scheduling a trio of exhibition preseason contests.
Lubbock will begin the exhibition season on the road in Amarillo with a tilt against the division rival Gorillas at 7 PM on Friday, October 13th. The Kings will return home on Saturday, October 14th to host the Odessa Jackalopes at 7:05 PM and then will close the exhibition schedule Sunday, October 15th, hosting Amarillo at 5:05 PM. The home exhibition games will be played at the Lubbock Municipal Coliseum and admission is $7 for non-season ticket holders (free for season ticket holders). Tickets will go on sale in early October (specific date to be announced at a later time) and proceeds from the games will be donated to the Doug Anderson Memorial Fund.
The Kings front office is also currently working hard on solidifying promotions for the 06/07 season. A complete promotional schedule will be released at a later time, as the focus is to present strong giveaway promotions and entertainment/promotional acts to the fans. Cotton Kings Clickers (first 2,500) compliments of McDougal Properties and magnetic schedules (first 1,500 fans) compliments of Plumbing Services Company will be distributed on Opening Night (Saturday, October 21st). The annual kids day game is scheduled as the "Fall Festival" on Halloween (Tuesday, October 31st) for an 11 AM face-off against the Arizona Sundogs. The theme of the "Fall Festival" will be "Science, Safety and Character," with educational involvement from the Science Spectrum and local fire and police departments. Hall of Fame wrestler Sgt. Slaughter will join in on the festivities at the Kingdom for Veteran's Day (Saturday, November 11th), as his appearance along with the giveaway of 3,000 American flags and recognition of Veterans should mark a memorable night. The events are a preview of some of the promotional nights on tap for this season and so many more, including the giveaway of bobble heads, mini-zamboni banks, mini-hockey sticks, trading cards and team posters, are currently being scheduled.
"The exhibition game will be the fans first look at what we promise to be an exciting season," said Cotton Kings General Manager Todd Chisnell. "The 06/07 season will be an incredible season for all Cotton Kings fans. We are thrilled with some of the new promotions we have planned, including the visit by Sgt. Slaughter, which will be huge for South Plains wrestling fans."
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from August 17, 2006
- Scholtes is Mudbugs' New Radio Voice - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Cotton Kings Announce Preseason and Sneak Peak of Promotional Schedule - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Paul Fixter named Killer Bees head coach - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- SteelHounds Sign Three Rookies for 2006-07 Season - Youngstown SteelHounds
- Thunder announces broadcast partner - Wichita Thunder
- Bobby Davis Signs With Oilers - Tulsa Oilers
- Blazers Acquire Watson from Memphis - Oklahoma City Blazers
- Bucks Ink Rookie Sniper - Laredo Bucks
- RiverKings complete trade with OKC - Mississippi RiverKings
- Eagles Announce Games on Altitude - Colorado Eagles
- Scorpions continue to build defensive end - New Mexico Scorpions
- All-Star Contest Announced - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.