Cook, Huerta and Lavelle Called up to United States National Team for January Camp
SEATTLE, WA - OL Reign players Alana Cook, Sofia Huerta and Rose Lavelle have been called up to the United States Women's National Team Camp in Austin, Texas from January 19-28.
This BioSteel training camp is the first U.S. Women's National Team action of 2022 but does not include any international matches. The USA's first matches of the year will take place at the 2022 SheBelieves Cup, Presented by Visa, against the Czech Republic on February 17 and New Zealand on February 20, both at Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, California, and against Iceland on February 23 at Toyota Stadium in Frisco, Texas.
Cook, who first debuted for the U.S. in November 2019, most recently played for the U.S. during the November FIFA window. She played in both matches the U.S. played against Australia at the center back position. The 24-year-old has four caps for United States.
Huerta was also called up for the November FIFA window and played in both matches against Australia for a total of 131 minutes. She made her debut for the U.S. WNT in September 2017, after previously playing for the Mexico Women's National Team. She has nine caps with the United States.
Lavelle last played with the U.S. WNT during the November FIFA window, where she played in both matches against Australia and scored one goal. Lavelle was also a part of the U.S. squad that earned a bronze medal at the 2020 Olympics Games in Tokyo last summer. The midfielder has 68 caps, 18 goals and 12 assists for the United States.
U.S. WOMEN'S NATIONAL TEAM - JANUARY TRAINING CAMP ROSTER BY POSITION:
GOALKEEPERS (3): Aubrey Kingsbury (Washington Spirit), Casey Murphy (North Carolina Courage), Alyssa Naeher (Chicago Red Stars)
DEFENDERS (9): Alana Cook (OL Reign), Abby Dahlkemper (San Diego Wave FC), Tierna Davidson (Chicago Red Stars), Imani Dorsey (NJ/NY Gotham FC), Emily Fox (Racing Louisville FC), Naomi Girma (San Diego Wave FC), Sofia Huerta (OL Reign), Kelley O'Hara (Washington Spirit), Emily Sonnett (Washington Spirit)
MIDFIELDERS (8): Lindsey Horan (Portland Thorns FC), Jaelin Howell (Racing Louisville FC), Rose Lavelle (OL Reign), Kristie Mewis (NJ/NY Gotham FC), Samantha Mewis (Kansas City Current), Ashley Sanchez (Washington Spirit), Andi Sullivan (Washington Spirit)
FORWARDS (6): Ashley Hatch (Washington Spirit), Mallory Pugh (Chicago Red Stars), Margaret Purce (NJ/NY Gotham FC), Trinity Rodman (Washington Spirit), Sophia Smith (Portland Thorns FC), Lynn Williams (Kansas City Current)
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from January 12, 2022
- North Carolina Courage Sign Midfielder Frankie Tagliaferri - North Carolina Courage
- Lindsey Horan, Sophia Smith Named to U.S. Women's National Team January Training Camp Roster - Portland Thorns FC
- OL Reign Obtain Rights to Alyssa Malonson from Courage - OL Reign
- Three Chicago Red Stars Join USWNT for Upcoming January Training Camp - Chicago Red Stars
- Sam Mewis and Lynn Williams Called up for U.S. Women's National Team January Camp - Kansas City Current
- Racing Duo of Fox, Howell Called up for USWNT Training - Racing Louisville FC
- Casey Murphy Called to USWNT Training Camp in Austin, TX - North Carolina Courage
- Cook, Huerta and Lavelle Called up to United States National Team for January Camp - OL Reign
- Seven Spirit Players Called up to USWNT January Camp - Washington Spirit
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent OL Reign Stories
- OL Reign Beat Courage on Pride Night
- OL Reign Takes on North Carolina in First Match After International Break
- OL Reign Signs Ryanne Brown, Elli Reed, and Jodi Ulkekul as National Team Replacement Players
- OL Reign Transfers Forward Zsani Kaján to ACF Fiorentina
- OL Reign Down Angel City 1-0