Contract Extension for James Pantemis
MONTREAL - CF Montréal announced Monday that goalkeeper James Pantemis has agreed to a new contract for the next two seasons, with an option for 2023.
"This extension is the result of James' positive development over the past few years", said CF Montréal sporting director Olivier Renard. "His loan last year benefited him ahead of his MLS debut. He showed us his qualities and convinced us to keep working with him. This Academy product has all the trust from the Club, but it is now up to him to keep on working and keep progressing."
Pantemis, 23, was loaned to Valour FC (Canadian Premier League) in 2020, before starting his first three career MLS games, registering his first win on October 17 against Miami. He made his professional debut on July 24, 2019, in the Canadian Championship, in a 1-0 clean sheet victory over York United FC.
The Montreal native joined the Academy's U-18 team in 2014 from Lakeshore Soccer Club. He signed his first professional contract in November 2017.
Pantemis has taken part in several training camps with the senior Canadian national team squad since 2017. He has just returned from the latest CanMNT camp in Bradenton, Florida.
Transaction: CF Montréal announced Monday that goalkeeper James Pantemis has agreed to a new contract for the next two seasons, assorted with an option for 2023.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 25, 2021
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: January 25, 2021 - San Jose Earthquakes
- D.C. United Re-Sign Midfielder Felipe Martins Through 2021 - D.C. United
- Sounders FC Head Coach Brian Schmetzer Signed to Contract Extension - Seattle Sounders FC
- Major League Soccer 2021 Season to Begin April 3 - Inter Miami CF
- Major League Soccer 2021 Season to Begin April 3 - MLS
- Contract Extension for James Pantemis - Club de Foot Montreal
- Austin FC and Q2 Announce Historic Stadium Naming Rights Partnership Ã¢ÂÂ Q2 Stadium - Austin FC
- New York Red Bulls Sign Venezuelan Midfielder Wikelman Carmona - New York Red Bulls
- New England Revolution Launches Remote Training Team - New England Revolution
- Atlanta United signs Lisandro Lopez from Racing Club - Atlanta United FC
- Chicago Fire FC President Nelson Rodriguez Resigns - Chicago Fire
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.