Comets Sign Zach Frye to An AHL Contract
Utica, N.Y. - Utica Comets General Manager Ryan Johnson announced today that the club has signed defenseman Zach Frye to an AHL contract.
Frye, 25, most recently suited up in 25 games with the Orlando Solar Bears, netting 16 points (5-11-16). He also played in seven games with the San Jose Barracuda last season, scoring two points (1-1-2).
The Spokane, Wash., native has played in a total of 33 games between the AHL and ECHL, collecting 20 points (6-14-20).
Prior to turning pro, the 6-1, 201-pound defenseman played four seasons at the University of Alaska-Fairbanks, racking up 77 points (21-56-77) in 134 career games.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 24, 2019
- Jets Sign Andrew Copp to a Two-Year Contract - Manitoba Moose
- Bears Sign Forward Matt Moulson to AHL Deal - Hershey Bears
- Comets Sign Zach Frye to An AHL Contract - Utica Comets
- Chicago Wolves' Single-Game Tickets on Sale Friday - Chicago Wolves
- Amerks Sign Defensemen Frank Hora, Forward Shaw Boomhower to One-Year AHL Contracts - Rochester Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.