Columbus Crew SC Extends Partnership with Columbia Gas of Ohio
COLUMBUS - Columbus Crew SC and Columbia Gas of Ohio today announced that they have entered into a multi-year agreement, in which the company will continue its support for the 2018 season. Columbia Gas will increase its support of Crew SC by 33 percent in 2019 and 2020, contingent on the Club remaining in Columbus.
"Columbus Crew SC is pleased to welcome back Columbia Gas as an Official Crew SC sponsor," said Crew SC President of Business Operations Andy Loughnane. "We are appreciative of the commitment of all Official Crew SC sponsors, and Columbia Gas is a strong example of a corporate partner that has consistently expressed their support by increasing their sponsorship and engagement in each of the six years they have partnered with the Club."
"Crew SC has been a great partner, providing us with innovative assets that have resulted in strong engagement for the Club's supporters," said Dan Creekmur, President, Columbia Gas of Ohio. "We look forward to continuing this strong partnership in 2018 and beyond. My hope is that our commitment furthers positive dialogue around the business community's support of the Club."
Through the partnership, Crew SC and Columbia Gas will continue to participate together in service projects and in-game initiatives that will directly benefit the Mid-Ohio Foodbank and Habitat for Humanity. Crew SC will also continue to work with Columbia Gas to share important natural gas safety content, featuring Crew SC captain Wil Trapp, with supporters.
The partnership will also include The Crew SC Foundation's Heroes League, presented by Columbia Gas, a unique initiative focused on offering soccer and life skills instruction for children ages 6-9. The free league runs on Tuesday and Thursday evenings during the month of July and part of August. It is open to children in the Linden, Near East and neighborhoods adjacent to MAPFRE Stadium. Each child who participates in the league is provided with a uniform, shin guards and a ball. Nearly 100 individuals participated in the 2017 Heroes League.
Under Sporting Director and Head Coach Gregg Berhalter, Crew SC will be in Hawaii for the inaugural Pacific Rim Cup from February 6-11. During the window of February 15-25, the club will be in Charleston, South Carolina to participate in the 2018 Carolina Challenge Cup. More information on Season Ticket Memberships for the 2018 season at MAPFRE Stadium is available at ColumbusCrewSC.com.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 6, 2018
- United Acquire Targeted Allocation Money from Toronto FC - D.C. United
- StubHub Center to Host Liga MX Pumas-Morelia Duelo De Titanes Match on March 24 - Los Angeles Galaxy
- New York Red Bulls Add Girls Youth Teams to Regional Development School - New York Red Bulls
- Sporting KC Signs Chilean International Midfielder Felipe Gutierrez - Sporting Kansas City
- Columbus Crew SC Extends Partnership with Columbia Gas of Ohio - Columbus Crew SC
- New York Red Bulls Announce New Hires and Promotions - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Columbus Crew SC Stories
- Columbus Crew SC Heads to Gillette Stadium to Face the New England Revolution on Saturday
- Columbus Crew SC Forward Gyasi Zardes Named Alcatel Major League Soccer Player of the Week
- Columbus Crew SC Hosts the Chicago Fire at MAPFRE Stadium Tomorrow to Finish Two-Match Homestand
- Former Columbus Crew SC Goalkeeper Jon Busch Signs a One-Day Contract to Retire as a Member of the Black & Gold
- Match Preview: Columbus Crew SC Hosts the Philadelphia Union at Mapfre Stadium Tomorrow in Midweek Showdown