Colts top Aces
Alexandria, La. - May 30, 2008 - The San Angelo Colts scored three unearned runs in the bottom of the first as they went on to beat the Alexandria Aces 4-2 at Foster Field Friday night. With one out, John Anderson reached on an error by shortstop Albert Gonzalez. After Brian Frichter walked, Andres Rodriguez singled home Anderson. Then, Benny Craig singled to load the bases. A soft liner to Gonzalez went underneath his glove for his second error of the inning. The error allowed both Frichter and Rodriguez to score. Patrick O'Sullivan hit his tenth home run of the year in the ninth inning. Colts starter Luke Massetti pitched seven innings giving up just one run and striking out nine. The right-hander did not issue a walk. Aces starter Wayne Hedden gave up three runs, none earned, giving up eight hits and striking out three in his Aces debut. The Aces and Colts continue their series Saturday as Alexis Sosa goes against the Colts' Frank James. Game time is 7:05 PM.
Next home game: Thursday June 5th vs. Edinburg. Budweiser Shirt Off Our Back Night, Toyota Tundra and Q93 Thirsty Thursday and Budweiser and Q93 Party on the Patio.
• Discuss this story on the United League Baseball message board...
United League Baseball Stories from May 30, 2008
- Coyotes Lose to Broncos - Edinburg Roadrunners
- Broncos Hold Off Late Rally From Coyotes for Victory - Laredo Broncos
- Massetti leads Colts past Aces - San Angelo Colts
- Late Homers Not Enough to Lift Wings - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
- Colts Sign RHP Weast, Deactivate RHP Fleming - San Angelo Colts
- Colts top Aces - Alexandria Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Alexandria Aces Stories
- Aces Announce Kisatchie National Forest/Smokey the Bear Aces Team Photo Night
- Aces Announce City of Pineville's Free Admission "Pack the Park"
- Aces Game Tonight Canceled
- Aces Announce Louisiana Lottery Shirt-Off-Our-Back Night Tomorrow
- Free Aces General Admission Tickets Tuesday, July 24th