Colts' Suzuki Signs with Hurricanes
RALEIGH, NC - Don Waddell, President and General Manager of the National Hockey League's Carolina Hurricanes, today announced that the team has signed forward Ryan Suzuki to a three-year, entry-level contract.
"Ryan is a skilled center with strong playmaking ability," said Waddell. "He's an exciting young player, and we believe he has a bright future in the NHL."
Suzuki, 18, posted 75 points (25g, 50a) in 65 Ontario Hockey League (OHL) games with the Barrie Colts last season. He has tallied 119 points (39g, 80a) in 129 career OHL games, and served as an alternate captain in 2018-19. During the 2017-18 season, Suzuki was teammates with Hurricanes forward Andrei Svechnikov after being selected first overall by Barrie in the 2017 OHL Priority Selection. The 6'1?, 183-pound forward played in the 2019 CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game, serving as an alternate captain on Team Orr. Suzuki represented Canada at the 2018 Hlinka Gretzky Cup, winning gold, and also at the 2019 IIHF Under-18 World Championship. The London, Ont., native was selected by the Hurricanes in the first round, 28th overall, of the 2019 NHL Draft.
For more information visit nhl.com/hurricanes.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from September 19, 2019
- IceDogs Open 2019-20 Season with a Win - Niagara IceDogs
- Colts' Suzuki Signs with Hurricanes - Barrie Colts
- Jack Duff Named Otters Captain - Erie Otters
- Chenier Named Captain - North Bay Battalion
- Otters Acquire Pick from Sarnia Sting - Erie Otters
- Home Opener - Game Preview: Ottawa 67's vs. Guelph Storm - Guelph Storm
- Game Preview - September 20th vs. NIA - Mississauga Steelheads
- Sting Acquire Mack from Otters - Sarnia Sting
- Spirit Acquire Nick Donofrio from Hamilton - Saginaw Spirit
- Lambton Ford Steps up Again to Help Giveback to Minor Sport Through 50/50 Second Chance Draw - Sarnia Sting
- Nick Robertson Signs with Toronto Maple Leafs - Peterborough Petes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.