Colts slam Aces
San Angelo, Texas - June 30, 2008 - The San Angelo Colts used a grand slam by Wyn Diggs to defeat the Alexandria Aces 9-6 Monday night at Foster Field. Tied 3-3 in the bottom of the sixth, Aces starter Robbie Wooley walked the first two hitters and gave up a single to Bryan Frichter to load the bases with nobody out. Charley Foster came into the game and gave up a grand slam to Wyn Diggs to give the Colts a four-run lead. John Anderson added an RBI double later in the inning to cap off a five-run sixth. Frichter gave the Colts their biggest lead of the game as he hit his sixth homer of the year, a solo shot in the seventh, as the Colts took a 9-3 lead into the eighth. The Colts took the lead early with a run in the first. Tyrone Pendergrass led off the inning with a bunt single to first and moved to second after a walk to John Anderson. After a groundout moved Pendergrass to third, Andres Rodriguez drove home Pendergrass with a groundout of his own to give the Colts a 1-0 lead. The Colts added another run in the fourth via a groundout. This time it was Aaron Cone driving home Jose Torres to give the Colts the 2-0 advantage. The Aces tied the game 2-2 in the fourth with a pair of RBI singles by Palmer Karr Jr. and Madison Edwards. The Aces tied the game again 3-3 in the top of the fifth with an RBI single by Guance, which scored Jose Umbria. The Aces will finish their series with the San Angelo Tuesday. Game time is 7:05 PM.
Next home game: Sunday, July 6th vs. Edinburg. Wendy's, KSYL, and KDBS Best Family Deal Ever.
• Discuss this story on the United League Baseball message board...
United League Baseball Stories from June 30, 2008
- Colts slam Aces - Alexandria Aces
- Colts cruise to win - San Angelo Colts
- WhiteWings outdone by Dillas - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
- Streak snapped against Laredo - Edinburg Roadrunners
- Broncos hold on for win - Laredo Broncos
- WhiteWings Promote Balbuena to Manager - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Alexandria Aces Stories
- Aces Announce Kisatchie National Forest/Smokey the Bear Aces Team Photo Night
- Aces Announce City of Pineville's Free Admission "Pack the Park"
- Aces Game Tonight Canceled
- Aces Announce Louisiana Lottery Shirt-Off-Our-Back Night Tomorrow
- Free Aces General Admission Tickets Tuesday, July 24th