Colorado Rapids Sign Defender Drew Moor to One-Year Contract
COMMERCE CITY, Colo. - The Colorado Rapids have signed defender Drew Moor to a one-year contract with an option for an additional year, the club announced today.
"Few players are as emblematic of our club as Drew," said Pádraig Smith, Colorado Rapids Executive VP & General Manager. "His championship experience and leadership both on and off the field have been in an invaluable asset for us since rejoining the team so we're delighted to have him back with us for another year."
Moor, 37, returns for a 10th season in Burgundy after rejoining the Rapids ahead of the 2020 season. In 2021, Moor played 300 minutes across 12 matches, reaching his 400th career MLS appearance and his 200th appearance with Colorado, as the Rapids earned a club-record 61 points and finished atop the Western Conference for the first time in their history.
A two-time MLS Cup winner, Moor is currently in his second stint with Colorado. From 2009 to 2015, Moor appeared in 181 regular season matches for the Rapids, including 30 games in 2010 as the Rapids won their first MLS Cup. Moor's 201 overall career appearances with Colorado are the second-most in club history (Pablo Mastroeni, 225). During his first stint with the Rapids, Moor set a league record for the most consecutive 90-minute matches played by a field player (68) and was named to the MLS All-Star team in 2015.
Prior to returning to Colorado, Moor spent four years with Toronto FC alongside current Rapids teammates Clint Irwin and Steven Beitashour, as well as Rapids head coach Robin Fraser, who was an assistant in Toronto. Moor played 25 games in 2017 as Toronto FC completed a historic, treble-winning season, capturing the Canadian Championship, Supporters' Shield and MLS Cup. Moor and Toronto also reached MLS Cup Final in 2016 and 2019.
Moor started his MLS career with FC Dallas after being taken sixth overall in the 2005 MLS SuperDraft. He played 123 games for the Texan side until being traded to Colorado in 2009.
A native of Dallas, Texas, Moor earned five caps with the U.S. Men's National Team during his career, including two at the 2007 Copa América.
TRANSACTION: Colorado Rapids sign defender Drew Moor to a one-year contract on January 7, 2022.
Birthdate: January 15, 1984
Birthplace: Dallas, TX
Nationality: United States
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 7, 2022
- Three Academy Players Called up to U.S. U-15 Men's Youth National Team - Inter Miami CF
- LA Galaxy Sign Midfielder Raheem Edwards - LA Galaxy
- Orlando City SC Acquires Uruguayan Midfielder César Araújo - Orlando City SC
- RSL Academy Trio Selected for United States U15 Men's National Team Training Camp - Real Salt Lake
- Colorado Rapids Sign Defender Drew Moor to One-Year Contract - Colorado Rapids
- Orlando City SC Announces 2022 Kickoff to Soccer Events - Orlando City SC
- Colorado Rapids Sign Steven Beitashour to One-Year Contract - Colorado Rapids
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Rapids Stories
- Canadian International Mark-Anthony Kaye Called up to National Team for June Matches
- Robin Fraser Boosts Head Coaching Tenure with 50 Regular Season Wins
- SuperDraft Pick Anthony Markanich Showcases Versatility, Confidence in MLS Debut
- Captain Jack Price Selected to Team of the Week Following Performance against Seattle
- Colorado Rapids Best CCL Champions Seattle Sounders FC 1-0 to Extend Unbeaten Streak