Colorado Mammoth Selects Seven Players in 2019 Draft
The Colorado Mammoth selected seven players in the 2019 NLL Entry draft on Tuesday night, held at Xfinity Live! in Philadelphia.
In the first round on Tuesday, Colorado selected 6'3", 210-pound defenseman Warren Jeffrey with the sixth overall pick.
Jeffrey, 22, spent the last year playing top-level box and field lacrosse with the Brampton Excelsiors (MSL) and the Chesapeake Bayhawks (MLL). The native of Mimico, Ontario played Junior A box lacrosse for the Mimico Mountaineers (OJALL) and played for the University of Vermont, also, leading the team with 15 caused turnovers in his senior year and finishing the season sixth on his team with 26 ground balls.
"We're excited to have Warren Jeffrey," said Mammoth assistant general manager Brad Self. "To be able to add a guy of that size and pedigree is exciting for our team. Again, his size is key as is his ability to play all over the floor. We're excited to have him in camp."
Mammoth defensive coordinator Andrew McBride said, "We're excited as [Jeffrey] is a big body and plays a physical style game. He's going to add a little depth to our left side. He's played at a high level and he's going to come in and contribute right away. We're excited to add him to our strong defense and for him to really come and contribute right off the hop."
The Mammoth had seven total selections in the 2019 NLL Entry draft. The following is a complete list of Colorado's selections:
#1 Round 1, pick 6 - Warren Jeffrey (D, Brampton Excelsiors/University of Vermont)
#2-4 Round 2, picks 23, 26, 31 (compensatory) - Will Malcom (F, New Westminster Salmonbellies), Brett Craig (T, Seton Hill/Maple Ridge Burrards), Jake McNabb (F, St. Catharines Athletics)
#5 Round 3, pick 39 - Dylan Kinnear (DT, Towson)
#6 Round 5, pick 69 - Dan Bucaro (T, Georgetown)
#7 Round 6, pick 82 - Liam Osborne (F, Belmont Abbey)
"We did a lot of work leading up to tonight, talked with our staff and had a lot of time to think about and rank our guys," said Self. "We're really happy with how we did, based on how we had the players ranked in this draft.
"We got big, big, big guys. We picked big competitive guys who are going to be hard to play against and some offensive players with high skill level. Those were two needs of ours that we felt like we addressed.
"At training camp, I want to see them compete for jobs. I want to see kids who are excited to play in the NLL."
McBride added, "Everyone should start thinking about what they can do to make the team. They're drafted for a reason, they're here for a reason, and it's up to them to come to camp in shape and ready to challenge for a spot."
The Mammoth are back at the Loud House to begin the 2019-20 season on Black Friday, November 29. Mammoth single game tickets go on sale to the public on Thursday, September 19, at AltitudeTickets.com. For Full Season and Flex Pack memberships, fans can contact 303.405.1101. Click here to view the Mammoth's 2019-20 regular season schedule.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from September 18, 2019
- Philadelphia Wings Add 7 Players to Roster at 2019 NLL Entry Draft - Philadelphia Wings
- Black Wolves Round out 2019 NLL Entry Draft with 4 Picks - New England Black Wolves
- Philadelphia Wings Add 7 Players to Roster at 2019 NHL Entry Draft - Philadelphia Wings
- 2019 NLL Entry Draft in the Books as the Halifax Thunderbirds, New York Riptide and Rochester Knighthawks Head to Inaugural Seasons - NLL
- Colorado Mammoth Selects Seven Players in 2019 Draft - Colorado Mammoth
- Halifax Thunderbirds Select Six Players at 2019 NLL Entry Draft - Halifax Thunderbirds
- Seals Select Six in NLL Entry Draft - San Diego Seals
- Bandits Draft Six in 2019 NLL Entry Draft - Buffalo Bandits
- Warriors 2019 NLL Draft Recap - Vancouver Warriors
- Rush Land Transition Tandem Amongst Three First-Rounders at NLL Draft - Saskatchewan Rush
- Roughnecks Select Seven Players in 2019 NLL Draft - Calgary Roughnecks
- Georgia Swarm Add Six New Players at 2019 NLL Entry Draft - Georgia Swarm
- New England Selects Zach Goodrich with 17th Overall Pick in 2019 NLL Draft - New England Black Wolves
- Knighthawks Select 10 Players in 2019 NLL Entry Draft - Rochester Knighthawks
- Rock Add Aaron Forster with First Pick at NLL Draft - Toronto Rock
- Riptide Select 11 in 2019 NLL Entry Draft - New York Riptide
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Mammoth Stories
- A Statement from Kroenke Sports & Entertainment
- Kroenke Sports Charities Holds North High School Commencement Express in Pepsi Center Parking Lot
- Educator, Defenseman John Lintz Connects Students, Lacrosse Community Via EduCup Challenge
- Colorado Mammoth Q & A: Brad Self
- Stan and Josh Kroenke Announce Creation of COVID Relief Fund