Colin Willis Named AA Pointstreak Player Ofthe Week
GARY, Ind. - Colin Willis has been named the American Association Pointstreak Player of the Week for the week of June 4-10. The outfielder hit .440 (11-for-25) for the week with five runs scored, three doubles, two home runs, and six RBIs.
Willis comes off an 8-for-15 series against Fargo-Moorhead. He finished the series with his first career multi-home run game to propel the RailCats to victory in both Sunday's game and the series. He went 3-for-5 on Sunday with a double, two home runs, and four RBIs.
He is the first RailCat to earn weekly honors in the American Association since Braulio Torres-Perez was named Pitcher of the Week for June 19-25, 2017, and the first hitter to earn AA weekly honors since Frank Martinez was named Player of the Week for August 8-14, 2016.
Willis is in his third season with the RailCats. He was named the American Association Rookie of the Year for the 2017 season after batting .319 with eight home runs, 54 RBIs, 15 stolen bases, and 54 runs scored. This season, he is batting .274 with three home runs and 14 RBI.
The RailCats finish a weeklong road trip with three games in Winnipeg before returning home on Friday for a weekend series against the Sioux City Explorers. Friday night is the first of two Scout Nights this season, featuring scouts camping on the field overnight at the U.S. Steel Yard and being treated to a movie, s'mores, and Saturday morning breakfast.
Jared Shlensky and Brennan Mense bring you all 100 RailCats game this season on WEFM (95.9 FM) and online at railcatsbaseball.com. Ticket packages for the 2018 Gary SouthShore RailCats season are available online at railcatsbaseball.com and can also be purchased by calling the RailCats ticket line at (219) 882-BALL. The RailCats box office is open Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from June 12, 2018
- Goldeyes Rally Late to Top RailCats - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- T-Bones' Homers and Pitching Shut Down X's - Sioux City Explorers
- Three-run Goldeyes eighth sinks RailCats, 4-1 - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- 24-Year-Old Baseball Player Makes Home at Assisted Living - Kansas City T-Bones
- Birds Sign Former NDSU Pitcher Folman, Place Jacobs on Waivers - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Goldeyes Sign Four Players, Including Former MLB Outfielder, Left-Hander Lambson Returns - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Railroaders Walk 13 in Series-Opening Loss to Wingnuts - Cleburne Railroaders
- RailCats Activate IF Randy Santiesteban from Disabled List - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Colin Willis Named AA Pointstreak Player Ofthe Week - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Saltdogs Rally to Steal Opener at AirHogs Stadium - Texas AirHogs
- Two Late Runs Secure Win for Explorers over T-Bones - Kansas City T-Bones
- Curt Smith's Five Hits Carry Saltdogs to 4-3 Win - Lincoln Saltdogs
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Birds Bunt Their Way to Victory - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Bullpen Shuts Down T-Bones as X's Win - Sioux City Explorers
- Dogs Tie Season High in Hits, Lose 6-5 in Walk-Off Fashion - Chicago Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Gary SouthShore Railcats Stories
- RailCats' Lyter Promoted, Flenner Named New General Manager
- RailCats Acquire OF Price Jr., RHP Pastora
- RailCats Season Ends with 1-0 Shutout in Game 4 of North Division Series
- Magical McKenzie Blanks Saints to Force Game 4 of North Division Series
- Saints 5-Run Fourth Sinks RailCats in Game 2 of North Division Series