Birds Sign Former NDSU Pitcher Folman, Place Jacobs on Waivers
The Sioux Falls Canaries welcomed a new arm to their stable on Tuesday. Former North Dakota State University standout Kevin Folman has joined the Birds, the team announced.
Folman takes the roster spot of first baseman Chris Jacobs, whom the Canaries placed on irrevocable waivers Tuesday.
Folman will be available out of the bullpen for the Birds' game with Chicago Tuesday night.
An NDSU Bison from 2014 to 2018, Folman had a breakout season as a redshirt junior. The Hermantown, Minn. native posted a 2.70 ERA in 21 appearances in 2017, ranking third in the Summit League with eight saves.
The 23-year-old was a valuable piece out of the bullpen his senior year as well, earning a 3.18 ERA in 18 appearances. He struck out 49 batters in 45 innings pitched.
The Canaries take on the Chicago Dogs tonight at 7 p.m. from the Birdcage. Birds fans can get tickets at the Sioux Falls Stadium box office or by calling 336-6060.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from June 12, 2018
- Goldeyes Rally Late to Top RailCats - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- T-Bones' Homers and Pitching Shut Down X's - Sioux City Explorers
- Three-run Goldeyes eighth sinks RailCats, 4-1 - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- 24-Year-Old Baseball Player Makes Home at Assisted Living - Kansas City T-Bones
- Birds Sign Former NDSU Pitcher Folman, Place Jacobs on Waivers - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Goldeyes Sign Four Players, Including Former MLB Outfielder, Left-Hander Lambson Returns - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Railroaders Walk 13 in Series-Opening Loss to Wingnuts - Cleburne Railroaders
- RailCats Activate IF Randy Santiesteban from Disabled List - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Colin Willis Named AA Pointstreak Player Ofthe Week - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Saltdogs Rally to Steal Opener at AirHogs Stadium - Texas AirHogs
- Two Late Runs Secure Win for Explorers over T-Bones - Kansas City T-Bones
- Curt Smith's Five Hits Carry Saltdogs to 4-3 Win - Lincoln Saltdogs
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Birds Bunt Their Way to Victory - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Bullpen Shuts Down T-Bones as X's Win - Sioux City Explorers
- Dogs Tie Season High in Hits, Lose 6-5 in Walk-Off Fashion - Chicago Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.