Cincinnati Cyclones Rookie Desharnais Signs With Hamilton
CINCINNATI, Ohio - The Cincinnati Cyclones, ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Montreal Canadiens and Nashville Predators, announced today that rookie center David Desharnais has signed with the Hamilton Bulldogs (AHL). In a related move, Hamilton re-assigned Desharnais to the Cyclones.
Desharnais, 21, played last season with Chicoutimi, where he scored 38 goals and added 70 assists for 108 points. A two-time winner of the Frank Selke Award in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL) for sportsmanlike conduct, David scored 374 points in his four-year junior career.
Desharnais was signed by the Cyclones during training camp. He becomes the fourth player in the past two seasons to sign American Hockey League (AHL) contracts while a member of the Cyclones club (Dov Grumet-Morris, Nick Martens and Rory Rawlyk are the others).
"David Desharnais made a favorable impression on Montreal during their training camp," Cyclones Head Coach Chuck Weber said. "That hardwork has paid off. This is another example of how affiliates are all working together to give players the best opportunity to move up."
Tickets for the 2007-08 Cincinnati Cyclones season are now on sale. Ticket packages start as low as $66, call the Cyclones at 513-421-PUCK (7825) for more details. The Cyclones home opener is on Friday, October 26 versus the Trenton Devils at U.S. Bank Arena.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 19, 2007
- Konsorada's game winning goal helps Condors defeat Thunder - Stockton Thunder
- Grizzlies lose season-opener in Phoenix 4-2 - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads get Kelly Cup rings then drop season opener to Victoria, 2-1 in overtime - Idaho Steelheads
- Blades open 10th Anniversary season with 6-1 win - Florida Everblades
- Everblades bite Seawolves 6-1 in 2007-08 season opener - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Jackals make good first impression in 4-2 win over Wheeling - Elmira Jackals
- Checkers Win Home Opener Against The Inferno - Charlotte Checkers
- Gladiators Power Past Ice Pilots, 5-3 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Devils Take Down Royals In Season Opener, 3-2 - Trenton Devils
- Royals Fall To Devils In Season Opener, 3-2 - Reading Royals
- Checkers Down Inferno 5-4 - Columbia Inferno
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder At Bakersfield Condors - Stockton Thunder
- Turple Called Up to AHL Chicago - Atlanta Gladiators
- Salmon Kings Reschedule Home Game - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Three Doors Down's Brad Arnold To Perform Opening Night - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Cincinnati Cyclones Rookie Desharnais Signs With Hamilton - Cincinnati Cyclones
- RoadRunners Sign Defenseman Chris Murray - Phoenix RoadRunners
- RoadRunners Sign Affiliation With San Jose Sharks - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Goaltender Mole Recalled To Bridgeport - Utah Grizzlies
- Aces Finalize Roster, Open Tuesday In Fresno - Alaska Aces
- Reid to Miss Opening Night after Snake Bite - South Carolina Stingrays
- Rays Release Opening Night Roster - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- 'Blades get goalie Manzato assigned to roster - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cincinnati Cyclones Stories
- Cyclones Season Comes to An End Following Game 5 Loss
- Cyclones Game Notes: 2018 Kelly Cup Divisional Semifinals vs. Ft. Wayne- Game 5
- Cyclones Pushed to Brink Following Game 4 Loss
- Cyclones Announce Second Round Playoff Dates
- Cyclones Game Notes: 2018 Kelly Cup Divisional Semifinals vs. Ft. Wayne- Game 4