Chivas USA Acquires Local Product Tristan Bowen in Trade with Galaxy
CARSON, Calif. (Wednesday, December 15, 2010) - Chivas USA announced on Wednesday that it has acquired 19-year-old forward Tristan Bowen, a native of Los Angeles with two years of MLS experience, in a trade with the LA Galaxy. The Red-and-White sent allocation money to the Galaxy in exchange for the forward, who has played for the United States U-18 and U-20 National Teams.
"Tristan is a talented, explosive player, and we're excited to bring him to the club," said Chivas USA Interim General Manager Jose Domene. "He's has a lot of experience at this level for a player of his age. We look forward to helping him develop into a top player alongside many of the other young, local players we have on our roster."
Bowen signed with the Galaxy on November 12, 2008, and was the first player to come out of that club's youth system. He made his MLS debut on June 20, 2009, his only league appearance during that season. In 2010, Bowen became an important part of the Supporters Shield winning Galaxy, making 17 appearances (10 starts) and scoring two goals. The forward played with USL sides Hollywood United Hitmen and Miami FC Blues in 2009, and has also made several appearances for the United States U-18 and U-20 Teams.
Chivas USA broke camp before Thanksgiving and will return to training in late January ahead of the 2011 MLS campaign. Season Seats for 2011 are now on sale, with prices remaining at the same low rates as 2010. For more information, or to purchase tickets, please call 1-877-CHIVAS-1 or visit cdchivasusa.com .
TRANSACTION: Chivas USA acquires Tristan Bowen from the LA Galaxy in exchange for allocation money on December 15, 2010.
Nombre/Full Name: Tristan Bowen
Nacido/Born: 1991-01-31, Los Angeles, Calif.
Nacionalidad/Citizenship: United States
Estatura/Height: 1.80 m / 5'11"
Peso/Weight: 84 kg / 170 lbs
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 15, 2010
- FC Dallas Acquires Goalkeeper Chris Seitz from Seattle Sounders FC - FC Dallas
- Tyrone Marshall Selected by Colorado Rapids in Re-Entry Process - Seattle Sounders FC
- Timbers to Hold Player Combine in California - Portland Timbers
- Timbers Announce Signing of Four Players for 2011 - Portland Timbers
- Sporting Kansas City Acquires Rights to Defender/Midfielder Luke Sassano - Sporting Kansas City
- Chivas USA Acquires Local Product Tristan Bowen in Trade with Galaxy - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Rapids Select Tyrone Marshall in Stage 2 of MLS Re-Entry Process - Colorado Rapids
- Chivas USA Selects Defender Jimmy Conrad in MLS Re-Entry Draft - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Dynamo Sign 2009 Best XI Selection Geoff Cameron to Contract Extension - Houston Dynamo
- 2010 MLS Re-Entry Process Stage 2 Results Announced - MLS
- Chicago Fire Select Defender Cory Gibbs in MLS Re-Entry Draft - Chicago Fire
- D.C. United Acquires Forward Josh Wolff - D.C. United
- Travelling Fans to Receive Access to 500 Tickets in Northwest Markets - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Traveling Fans to Receive Access to 500 Tickets in Northwest Markets - Portland Timbers
- Travelling Fans to Receive Access to 500 Tickets in Northwest Markets - Seattle Sounders FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Club Deportivo Chivas USA Stories
- Chivas USA Shutout SJ Earthquakes 1-0 in Season Finale
- Chivas USA Fall in Road Finale, 2-0, at Real Salt Lake
- Chivas USA's Season Finale Kickoff Time Rescheduled
- Chivas USA Knock off Colorado Rapids, 2-1, in Series Finale
- Chivas USA Youth Academy Trio Called up to U.S. U-14 BNT Training Camp