Chiefs Sign German Prospect Yannick Proske to WHL Agreement
Spokane, Wash. -- The Spokane Chiefs announced on Tuesday that they have signed forward Yannick Proske to a WHL Standard Player Agreement. Proske was the Chiefs' second-round (110th overall) pick in the 2021 CHL Import Draft.
"We're very happy to officially welcome Yannick to the Chiefs organization," said Chiefs general manager Scott Carter.
Proske is a 6-foot-2, 187-pound center from Weißwasser, Germany. Last season he played 25 games with the Iserlohn Roosters of the Deutsche Eishockey Liga (DEL), the top professional league in Germany.
He also wore an 'A' as an alternate captain for Team Germany at the 2021 IIHF U18 World Championship in Texas, scoring two points (1G-1A) in 7 games.
He joins G Lukas Parik of the Czech Republic, D David Jiricek (unsigned) of the Czech Republic and D Tsimafei Kauharenia of Belarus on the Chiefs' import player list. Parik, who starred for the Chiefs during the 2019-20 season, has signed an AHL contract with the Ontario Reign (Los Angeles King) affiliate.
The Chiefs' 2021-22 regular season will begin on Saturday, October 2 as they host the Tri-City Americans at Spokane Arena. Ticket packages for the 2021-22 season are available now! With options starting at just $80, there's an option to fit every budget and schedule.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from July 20, 2021
- Winterhawks Alumni Clouston Promoted to General Manager and Head Coach in Kamloops - Portland Winterhawks
- Chiefs Sign German Prospect Yannick Proske to WHL Agreement - Spokane Chiefs
- By the Numbers: Rhett Rhinehart - Saskatoon Blades
- 2021 NHL Draft Spotlight Ã¢ÂÂ Jalen Luypen - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Clouston Promoted to GM / Head Coach, O'Donovan Named Assistant GM - Kamloops Blazers
- Rockets Hire MacNevin - Kelowna Rockets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Spokane Chiefs Stories
- Chiefs' Offense Heats up in Pre-Season Win at Spokane Arena
- Tickets for Wednesday's Pre-Season Home Game Now Available
- Chiefs Acquire Defenseman Ben Bonni from Medicine Hat
- Single Game Tickets on Sale Now
- Chiefs Trade Forward Owen MacNeil to Medicine Hat for Draft Picks