Chiefs Hire Michael Tricarico as New Broadcast Assistant
SYRACUSE, NY - The Syracuse Chiefs are pleased to announce the hiring of Michael Tricarico as the team's new Broadcasting and Media Relations Assistant. Tricarico will join Eric Gallanty, who returns for his fourth year with the Chiefs, in the 2018 broadcast booth. The pair will broadcast Chiefs regular-season and post-season games on The Score 1260.
"I am excited to work for my hometown team and continue the tradition of high-quality work that the long lineage of Chiefs broadcasters have created," Tricarico said. "This organization is a fun, hard-working group, and I am looking forward to joining Eric and the rest of the team this season."
Tricarico will be a familiar voice to Chiefs fans after he called games with Kevin Brown at the end of the 2014 season while serving as a broadcast intern with the team. Tricarico's other baseball experience includes a season as the Voice of the Auburn Doubledays in the New York-Penn League in 2016 and a year calling games for the Fort Wayne TinCaps of the Midwest League in 2017. A Central New York native, Tricarico attended Cicero-North Syracuse High School and Syracuse University, where he served as Sports Director and called games for WAER-FM Radio before graduating in 2017.
"We're excited to have Michael join us and continue his career in Syracuse", said Chiefs general manager Jason Smorol. "Michael made a strong impression in 2014 and we've always looked for an opportunity to have him back. The Chiefs have always carried on a tradition of excellence in the broadcasting booth, and we know Eric and Michael will keep that tradition alive."
Tricarico will work with Gallanty, who begins his first full season as the team's Director of Broadcasting & Media Relations. Gallanty, who started his career with the Chiefs in 2015, took over the lead role last August with the departure of Kevin Brown to national broadcast opportunities with ESPN.
"Michael has been preparing for this opportunity for a long time, and we've found the perfect moment to bring him on board", said Gallanty. "We are all excited to see the progress Michael has made since he first worked with the Chiefs in 2014, and I am excited to work with him this year. I know Chiefs fans are going to enjoy his work."
Fans can hear the Chiefs radio broadcast all season long on The Score 1260 AM and online at SyracuseChiefs.com.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from March 3, 2018
- Chiefs Hire Michael Tricarico as New Broadcast Assistant - Syracuse Chiefs
- New Safety Netting to be installed at NBT Bank Stadium - Syracuse Chiefs
- Syracuse Salt Potatoes vs. Rochester Plates - Syracuse Chiefs
- Syracuse Chiefs Release 2018 Promotional Schedule: Season of Central New York - Syracuse Chiefs
- a Matchup of Epic Portions: Plates V. Potatoes - Rochester Red Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Syracuse Chiefs Stories
- Chiefs Hire Michael Tricarico as New Broadcast Assistant
- New Safety Netting to be installed at NBT Bank Stadium
- Syracuse Salt Potatoes vs. Rochester Plates
- Syracuse Chiefs Release 2018 Promotional Schedule: Season of Central New York
- Syracuse Chiefs to Introduce "Season of Central New York" at Open House, Sat., March 3