Syracuse Chiefs Release 2018 Promotional Schedule: Season of Central New York
SYRACUSE, NY - The Syracuse Chiefs are excited to release the promotional schedule for the 2018 season. This year, the overarching theme of the Chiefs promotional schedule is the "Season of Central New York" featuring 21 fireworks days, Salt Potatoes Weekend, Star Wars Night, and more.
The "Season of Central New York" theme for 2018 will focus on brands, people, inventions, food, etc. from the Central New York area. Some examples are:
- The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum, from Chittenango, NY
- Salt Potatoes
- Buy Local Night featuring local businesses from CNY
- CNY Celebrities
- Syracuse Sky Chiefs
- Brannock Device - invented by Charles F. Brannock, Syracuse University alum & founder of the Brannock Device Company, headquartered in Syracuse, NY
"I think this year's promotional schedule is our best one yet because it honors our community and all the different things that have made it great," said Jason Smorol, general manager. "The Chiefs are proud to be located in CNY and it's going to be a fun season as we pay tribute our community all summer long."
In addition to the "Season of Central New York" promotions in 2018, the Chiefs will feature 21 fireworks shows, 24 giveaway nights, Bark in the Park, $1 Thursdays, Armed Forces Day, Star Wars Night and more. There will be (3) bobblehead giveaways, (4) jersey giveaways, light sword giveaways and so much more.
Fans can visit syracusechiefs.com for the entire, up-to-date promotional schedule.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from March 3, 2018
- Chiefs Hire Michael Tricarico as New Broadcast Assistant - Syracuse Mets
- New Safety Netting to be installed at NBT Bank Stadium - Syracuse Mets
- Syracuse Salt Potatoes vs. Rochester Plates - Syracuse Mets
- Syracuse Chiefs Release 2018 Promotional Schedule: Season of Central New York - Syracuse Mets
- a Matchup of Epic Portions: Plates V. Potatoes - Rochester Red Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Syracuse Mets Stories
- Syracuse Mets Announce Pre-Season New York Mets Workout at the Dome
- New Features Mean New Fan Experience at NBT Bank Stadium in 2019
- Syracuse Mets Announce 2019 Promotional Schedule
- Syracuse Mets Announce Pre-Season Fundraiser: Meet the Syracuse Mets
- Mets Partner with NYS Fair to Introduce the Syracuse Butter Sculptures