Chicago Sky To Host Girl Scouts Forever Green Festival
CHICAGO, June 1, 2010 - The Chicago Sky will meet the Tulsa Shock for the first time this weekend at Allstate Arena on Saturday, June 5 at 7pm for Go Green Night. Chicago Sky All-Stars Sylvia Fowles, Jia Perkins and Shameka Christon will lead the Sky against former Olympian and NCAA Champion, Marion Jones, Amber Holt and the Shock.
To celebrate the WNBA's "Go Green" week, the Sky, in conjunction with Girl Scouts of Greater Chicago and Northwest Indiana and Motorola, will also host the inaugural Forever Green Festival for fans prior to the game, beginning at 3:30pm.
The Forever Green Festival starts at 3:30pm and will showcase Girl Scouts Forever Green Community Action Projects and include several environmentally friendly activities for kids including a battery and cell phone recycling site, displays from the Field Museum, Chicago Hostel, Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum, the Illinois Secretary of State's Bicycle Safety Course and Take Action training sessions presented by the Girl Scouts.
There is a registration fee for the festival of $20 that includes entry to the Forever Green Festival, food and drink, a commemorative patch and visor and admission to see the Sky take on the Shock. For every registration fee submitted, the Sky will donate $5 back to the Girl Scouts. Fans can register by clicking on the Girl Scouts logo at www.chicagosky.net, or by visiting www.girlscoutsgcnwi.org.
CHICAGO SKY The Sky, in its 5th season, is one of seven independently-owned teams in the WNBA. All-Stars Sylvia Fowles, Jia Perkins and Shameka Christon have helped the Sky to a 2-4 start in 2010. Make sure not to miss any of the action as the Sky play four of its next five contests at its new home, Allstate Arena. The games will also be broadcast on Comcast's CN100. To purchase 2010 Season ticket packages at the Allstate Arena call 866-SKY-WNBA, or visit www.chicagosky.net.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from June 1, 2010
- Sandy Brondello Baby Update - San Antonio Stars
- WNBA Scoring Leader McCoughtry Earns Eastern Conference Honors For Second Consecutive Week - Atlanta Dream
- Atlanta's Angel McCoughtry And Los Angeles' Candace Parker Named WNBA Eastern And Western Conference - WNBA
- Tulsa Shock And Up With Trees Sponsor WNBA Green Week Event - Tulsa Shock
- Chicago Sky To Host Girl Scouts Forever Green Festival - Chicago Sky
- Washington Mystics To Host To Go Green Light - Washington Mystics
- WNBA Honors Father-Daughter Relationships During 2010 Season - WNBA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.