Chicago Sky Announce Change in Coaching Staff
CHICAGO - The Chicago Sky has relieved Amber Stocks of her duties as general manager and head coach, the team announced today.
"The entire organization would like to thank Amber for the hard work and dedication that she has given to the Chicago Sky for the past two seasons," said Sky President and CEO Adam Fox. "At this time, we felt a change was necessary for the 2019 season. We wish her nothing but the best in the future. Our search for a new coach will begin immediately."
Stocks was named general manager and head coach of the Sky in December 2016, after serving as an assistant coach for the Los Angeles Sparks. In her first year with Chicago, Stocks finished the 2017 regular season with a record of 12-22. The Sky recently completed its 2018 campaign with a 13-21 record.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from August 31, 2018
- Phoenix Mercury Postgame Notes and Quotes: Phoenix 86, Seattle 66 - Phoenix Mercury
- Mercury Win Game 3 at Home, Forces Game 4 in Phoenix on Sunday - Phoenix Mercury
- Two Members of the Sun Set for USA Women's National Team Training - Connecticut Sun
- Chicago Sky Announce Change in Coaching Staff - Chicago Sky
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Sky Stories
- Sky Sign Azura Stevens to Contract Extension
- Chicago Sky Acquire Second-Round Draft Pick from Dallas Wings
- Chicago Sky Make Historic Signing to Bring 2x WNBA MVP Candace Parker Home
- Free Agency Underway
- Chicago Sky Announce Multi-Year Contract Extension for James Wade