Chicago Fire Soccer Club Midfielder Mo Adams Obtains U.S. Green Card
BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. - The Chicago Fire Soccer Club announced today that midfielder Mo Adams has obtained a U.S. Green Card. Adams, 22, will no longer occupy an international spot on the Fire's roster.
A native of Nottingham, England, Adams was originally drafted by the Fire as the No. 10 overall pick from Syracuse University in the 2018 MLS SuperDraft. In his first two seasons with the Club, Adams has made 24 appearances (14 starts), including a career high 15 appearances (10 starts) during his rookie campaign. In 2019, Adams has made nine appearances (four starts) for the Men in Red.
The Fire currently has 10 international players under contract for 2019: goalkeeper David Ousted, defender Marcelo, midfielders/defenders Diego Campos and Raheem Edwards, midfielders PrzemysÅaw Frankowski, Nicolás Gaitán, Aleksandar Katai and Bastian Schweinsteiger and forwards Elliot Collier and Nemanja Nikolic.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 19, 2019
- FC Cincinnati Ousted from Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup by Saint Louis FC - FC Cincinnati
- Notes & Quotes: D.C. United 1 - 2 New York City FC - New York City FC
- Orlando City Advance to U.S. Open Cup Quarterfinal with 2-1 Win over New England Revolution - Orlando City SC
- Revolution Fall to Orlando City SC, 2-1, After Extra Time in 2019 U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 - New England Revolution
- D.C. United Fall to New York City FC 2-1 at Audi Field in the 2019 U.S. Open Cup - D.C. United
- LAFC Hosts San Jose Earthquakes in U.S. Open Cup on Thursday, June 20 - Los Angeles FC
- Quakes Academy Midfielder Sophie Jones Named Gatorade National Girls Soccer Player of the Year - San Jose Earthquakes
- By the Numbers: Open Cup Round of 16 - Orlando City SC
- Seattle Sounders FC's Danny Leyva Continues MLS Youth Trend: Week 16 MLS News & Notes - MLS
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Midfielder Mo Adams Obtains U.S. Green Card - Chicago Fire
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire Stories
- Chicago Fire FC Acquires 17-Year-Old Colombian Forward Jhon Jader Duran
- Chicago Fire FC to Develop New Visual Identity, Including New Primary Crest
- Chicago Fire FC Defender/Midfielder Mauricio Pineda Called up to U.S. U-23 Men's National Team
- Chicago Fire FC Sign Mauricio Pineda to Multi-Year Contract Extension
- Chicago Fire FC Trades Midfielder Brandt Bronico to Charlotte FC