Chicago Fire Sign Costa Rican Defender David Myrie
CHICAGO, IL (September 15, 2009) - The Chicago Fire today announced that the club has signed Costa Rican defender David Myrie to the team's roster. Myrie will be counted as an international on the team's senior roster and be available to play upon receipt of his International Transfer Certificate (ITC). Per team policy, details of the contract will not be disclosed.
Myrie joins the Fire after playing for Liga Deportiva Alajuelense of Costa Rica last season. Before joining Alajuelense, Myrie played for Puntarenas for one season after spending two seasons in Spain with Cadiz of the Spanish third division. The Costa Rican international competed for his country in the 2007 Under-20 World Cup and at the 2005 Under-17 World Cup.
"David is a young player with a lot of potential and we are pleased to add him to our roster as the team continues to work toward bringing the MLS Cup to Chicago this season," said Frank Klopas, Chicago Fire Technical Director.
The Fire return to action against the Columbus Crew on Sunday, September 20th at home in TOYOTA PARK (2 p.m. CT, My50 Chicago).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 15, 2009
- Top Two Teams In The East Battle For First Place - Chicago Fire
- Chicago Fire Sign Costa Rican Defender David Myrie - Chicago Fire
- Chivas USA's Claudio Suárez removed from Disabled List, eligible for MLS action - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Earthquakes Defender Mike Zaher Visits Norwood Creek Elementary School - San Jose Earthquakes
- Club America Faces Chivas Guadalajara Tomorrow in Clásico Bud Light at Arrowhead Stadium - Sporting Kansas City
- Revolution Visit Giants Stadium for Final Time - New England Revolution
- FC Dallas defender Anthony Wallace out for the season - FC Dallas
- Sounders FC News & Notes - Seattle Sounders FC
- Crew hits road for important matches in Costa Rica, Chicago - Columbus Crew SC
- Wizards Acquire Striker Kei Kamara from the Houston Dynamo - Sporting Kansas City
- Dynamo Acquire Forward Abe Thompson, Allocation In Trade With Kansas City - Houston Dynamo
- Earthquakes Terminate Contract of Defender Fabio da Silva - San Jose Earthquakes
- D.C. United website earns 2009 WebAward - D.C. United
- Real Salt Lake Weekly Update - Real Salt Lake
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.