Chicago Fire FC Announces New Partnership with AstroTurf
CHICAGO - Chicago Fire FC today announced that the Club has entered a multi-year partnership with AstroTurf, a leader in synthetic turf. AstroTurf becomes the Official Synthetic Turf Field Building Partner and the preferred vendor for all future synthetic turf projects.
"AstroTurf's innovative products and top of the line resources provide the performance and quality that is needed for our Academy and Juniors to train on the best surface available," said Chicago Fire FC Senior Vice President of Community Programs, Engagement and Facilities Paul Cadwell. "In Chicago, the CIBC Fire Pitch is an important facility for both youth and adult soccer, and by improving the field we are able to enhance the overall experience for players of all ages."
AstroTurf has begun installing a new surface at the CIBC Fire Pitch that features cutting edge LigaTurf System. AstroTurf is home to the most innovative soccer systems in the world. The LigaTurf series from AstroTurf is the result of their collaboration with worldwide partners in the soccer industry. The LigaTurf RootZone 3D360 Blend provides grass-like traction with reduced torque to lower extremities. It features the RootZone sub-layer, a texturized fiber that stabilizes the infill. The turf has a 60-ounce face weight, meaning it has very dense stitching. This system sits on a Brock pad for maximum shock absorbency. All of these factors combine to make a synthetic turf system that is stronger, safer, better, and more resilient.
"We are excited about two iconic names like AstroTurf and Chicago Fire coming together for this partnership," said Carl Capellas, AstroTurf National Manager of Soccer. "We really wanted to partner with the Fire because we share in the desire of raising the standard of soccer turf in America. Our LigaTurf line consistently provides the highest standard of performance in the industry and is the choice of the elite in the world of soccer including Bayern Munich, Liverpool, and FIFA world headquarters."
In addition to the new field installation at the CIBC Fire Pitch, the partnership incorporates facility signage as a Cornerstone Partner at the CIBC Fire Pitch and supporting partnership of the Chicago Fire Juniors and Chicago Fire Youth Invitational.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 9, 2021
- LAFC Hosts New England in Final Preseason Match Saturday at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- Colorado Rapids Close out Preseason with Scrimmage against Phoenix Rising FC - Colorado Rapids
- Rapids Academy Launches Futures Program Geared Toward the Optimal Development of Young Players Across the Denver Area - Colorado Rapids
- LAFC to Host over 700 Vaccinated Essential Workers at Saturday's Preseason Match - Los Angeles FC
- Sounders FC Celebrates Frontline Healthcare Workers at Saturday's Preseason Match vs. San Diego - Seattle Sounders FC
- Chicago Fire FC to Stream Locally Broadcast Regular Season Games on Team Website & Mobile App Free of Charge - Chicago Fire FC
- LAFC Launches Innovative New Website - Los Angeles FC
- FC Dallas Signs Academy Product Beni Redzic - FC Dallas
- Chicago Fire FC Announces New Partnership with AstroTurf - Chicago Fire FC
- Columbus Crew SC Announces Promotional Calendar for 2021 Major League Soccer Season - Columbus Crew SC
- YES Network Scheduled to Televise 29 New York City FC Regular Season Matches, Its Most Ever - New York City FC
- Inter Miami CF and AutoNation Partner to Drive out Cancer; Sign Multi-Year Stadium Naming Rights and Training Top Deal - Inter Miami CF
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire FC Stories
- Local Sports Stars, Including Robert Berić, "Join the TeamÃ¢ÂÂ to Encourage Vaccination
- Fire to Begin Two-Game Homestand at Soldier Field on Saturday against Inter Miami CF
- Chicago Fire FC Loan Andre Reynolds II to Memphis 901 FC
- Chicago Fire FC Falls 1-0 to D.C. United at Audi Field
- Fire to Travel to Washington, D.C. for Thursday Match Versus D.C. United at Audi Field