Chicago Fire Defender Christian Dean Retires from Professional Soccer
BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. - Chicago Fire defender Christian Dean today announced his decision to retire from professional soccer.
"Thank you to my family and friends for the past 5 years and I owe you everything," said Dean. "Thank you to the fans that have supported me, love you all."
Dean joined the Fire in a trade with Vancouver Whitecaps FC on Aug. 9, 2017, and made five appearances during his time in Chicago.
"It's unfortunate that Christian suffered so many injuries that kept him from realizing his potential," said Chicago Fire President and General Manager Nelson Rodriguez. "He is a good man and we wish him success and happiness in his next endeavors."
Dean began his professional career when he was selected by Whitecaps FC in the first round (third overall) of the 2014 MLS SuperDraft after a standout collegiate career at the University of California-Berkeley. He made his professional debut as a second half substitute in Whitecaps FC's 1-1 draw at Chivas USA on March 16, 2014.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 1, 2018
- Earthquakes Unveil Third Mini-Pitch in the Bay Area - San Jose Earthquakes
- Orlando City SC Announces New Training Complex in Osceola County - Orlando City SC
- RAVE Foundation Executive Director Ashley Fosberg Awarded Adweek "Rising Brand Star" Honor - Seattle Sounders FC
- Veteran Sports Business Leader John Walker Named Dynamo & Dash President of Business Operations - Houston Dynamo
- One Last Look at 2018 - Orlando City SC
- Chicago Fire Defender Christian Dean Retires from Professional Soccer - Chicago Fire
- D.C. United Forward Wayne Rooney Voted MLS Player of the Month Presented by EA SPORTS - D.C. United
- D.C. United Forward Wayne Rooney Voted MLS Player of the Month Presented by EA SPORTS - MLS
- FC Dallas Falls to Portland Timbers 2-1 in the Knockout Round - FC Dallas
- Ten-Man Timbers Advance to Western Conference Semifinals with 2-1 Road Win over FC Dallas - Portland Timbers
- Individual Tickets on Sale Now for First Game of Western Conference Semifinals at Providence Park - Portland Timbers
- NYCFC Advance to Eastern Conference Semifinals - Host Atlanta United on Sunday - New York City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire Stories
- Chicago Fire Draws Columbus Crew SC 1-1 in Carolina Challenge Cup
- Chicago Fire and Supporters to Stand Together in 2019
- Chicago Fire Weekly Update - February 12, 2019
- Chicago Fire Acquires 2019 International Roster Spot from Minnesota United FC
- Chicago Fire Acquires Goalkeeper David Ousted