Charlotte Hornets Sign Free Agent Thomas Welsh
Charlotte Hornets President of Basketball Operations & General Manager Mitch Kupchak announced today that the team has signed free agent center Thomas Welsh. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Welsh, who was selected with the 58th overall pick by the Denver Nuggets in the 2018 NBA Draft, appeared in 11 games during his rookie campaign. The 7-footer spent parts of the 2018-19 season in the G League with both the Capital City Go-Go and the Iowa Wolves, posting combined averages of 10.3 points, 8.1 rebounds and 1.5 assists. Welsh played four years at UCLA prior to the NBA and earned All-Pac-12 Second Team honors after averaging 12.6 points, 10.8 rebounds and 1.4 assists in 2017-18 as a senior.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from August 9, 2019
- Offseason Sit-Down: Jillian Stoker - Stockton Kings
- Timberwolves Sign Kelan Martin to Two-Way Contract - Iowa Wolves
- Charlotte Hornets Sign Free Agent Thomas Welsh - Greensboro Swarm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Greensboro Swarm Stories
- Blue Ridge Companies to Present Greensboro Swarm Opening Night for Third Straight Season
- Hornets Assign Caleb Martin to Greensboro Swarm
- Swarm Fall in Sold out School Day Game to Knicks
- Hornets Recall Caleb Martin from Greensboro Swarm
- Novant Health to Present the Greensboro Swarm's School Day Game and Time out for Fitness Program