Charlotte FC and Lowe's Partner to Paint the Town Celebrating Fans and the Inaugural Season
CHARLOTTE, NC - Charlotte FC and Lowe's today announced the "Paint the Town" initiative in conjunction with Valspar, the preferred paint of Charlotte FC. Ahead of the season's final two home matches, Charlotte FC and Lowe's have commissioned a mural to be painted at the McNinch tailgate lot, where Charlotte FC supporters gather and begin their march before home matches. This mural will be an artistic celebration of fans and utilize colors and elements from the inaugural season.
"We wanted to do something special for the fans who have supported us through the highs and lows of our inaugural year," said Charlotte FC President Joe LaBue, "As we approach the end of the regular season, as a thank you for their dedicated support, we partnered with Lowe's and Valspar to bring a one-of-a-kind, supporter-inspired mural painted by a local artist to our tailgate lot. This location holds a special place in our supporter culture and the artwork can be celebrated for years to come."
The mural, painted by local artist Bree Stallings, is scheduled to be completed prior to the Club's Fan Appreciation Match on October 1 against the Philadelphia Union. The upper bowl will be open as Charlotte FC hits a crucial point in the season four points below the playoff line with three matches to play.
"I am elated to have been asked to create this mural for Charlotte FC," Stallings shared. "As a Charlotte-native, it is so special for me to watch our city become a major arts center over the years and now, an even-bigger sports city. Using my signature bright colors and textures, I am trying to emulate the palpable excitement from the fans and our community after such an amazing inaugural year for our soccer team. When the fans look at the mural, I want them to feel seen and celebrated. I hope it can remain a backdrop to where fans gather to begin drumming up the energy for each match for all the matches ahead of us."
Lowe's and Valspar, the preferred paint of Charlotte FC, will supply the materials for Stallings' artwork.
"Paint the Town" will continue throughout the month and be present at the Club's Hispanic Heritage Month Block Party on September 28 and the Fan Appreciation Match on October 1.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 21, 2022
- Strong Second Half Powers FC Cincinnati to Leagues Cup Showcase Win over Chivas - FC Cincinnati
- Leagues Cup Showcase Returns to Utah - Real Salt Lake
- Four Additional Sounders FC Players Called up for International Duty - Seattle Sounders FC
- Inter Miami CF Announces Third Annual Copa de la Familia and EMLS Amateur Cup - Inter Miami Presented by XMANNA - Inter Miami CF
- Orlando City to Host eMLS Amateur Cup Presented by Pizza Hut - Orlando City SC
- Charlotte FC and Lowe's Partner to Paint the Town Celebrating Fans and the Inaugural Season - Charlotte FC
- FC Dallas Announces Watch Party Series for FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 USMNT Group Stage Matches - FC Dallas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Charlotte FC Stories
- Three Group Stage Takeaways for the US Men's National Team
- Charlotte FC to Compete in Second Annual Coachella Valley Invitational at Empire Polo Club in Indio, CA
- Karol Świderski Starts for Poland in FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 against Lionel Messi's Argentina
- Charlotte FC Sells Midfielder Jordy Alcívar to Independiente Del Valle
- Charlotte FC FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Watch Party: USA vs Wales