Charge Bested in Indianapolis
INDIANAPOLIS, IN - The Cleveland Charge (2-3) of the NBA G League, presented by Cleveland Clinic, fell to the Fort Wayne Mad Ants (2-1), 115-96, in a matinee contest at Gainsbridge Fieldhouse in downtown Indianapolis.
Kyle Guy led Cleveland with 23 points, seven rebounds and three assists in 42 minutes. Malik Newman came off the Charge bench to score 18 points on 8-of-14 shooting and four assists in 25 minutes. Justin James added 14 points and eight boards in 29 minutes of relief. Charles Matthews got his first action since November 6, scoring 11 points, grabbing five rebounds and nabbing three steals in 17 minutes.
Fort Wayne was paced by three players who scored 20+ points: Duane Washington Jr. had a game-high 24 points, while Keifer Sykes and Justin Anderson each scored 20 points. Terry Taylor (19 points, 15 rebounds) and Bennie Boatwright (11 points, 13 rebounds) both posted double-doubles for the hosts. The Mad Ants led the game wire-to-wire, by as many as 46 and at one point held the visitors scoreless for 7:22 of game time from the end of the first half into the early part of the third quarter.
The two teams will meet here again at Gainbridge Fieldhouse in Indianapolis tomorrow at 12:00 p.m. Fans can listen live on WARF 1350 AM and watch the game live on ClevelandCharge.com. The Charge are back home for a Monday matchup with the Iowa Wolves (Minnesota Timberwolves) on December 6 at 6:00 p.m. Tickets start at only $5 per seat! Click here or call 216-420-2730 to land your spot at a Charge game this season!
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 16, 2021
- Legends' Rally Falls Short for First Loss at Memphis - Texas Legends
- Charge Acquire 2022 Draft Pick - Cleveland Charge
- Charge Bested in Indianapolis - Cleveland Charge
- Iowa Wolves Announce Roster Moves - Iowa Wolves
- College Park Skyhawks Hosting "Hoops and Heroes" Night on Friday, November 19 - College Park Skyhawks
- Mad Ants Beat Cleveland in Tuesday Matinee - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- NBA G League News & Notes: November 16 - G League
- Mann and Wilson Post Double-Doubles in Win over Santa Cruz Warriors - Oklahoma City Blue
- Grand Rapids Gold Announce Theme and Promotional Schedule for 2021-22 Season - Grand Rapids Gold
- Hornets Recall Vernon Carey Jr. and JT Thor from Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Scrubb's 19 Not Enough as Clips Fall to Kings - Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.