NBA G League News & Notes: November 16
November 16, 2021 - NBA G League (G League) News Release
ASSIGNMENT ACED: Detroit Pistons guard Saben Lee, play- ing on assignment with the Motor City Cruise, was named the NBA G League Player of the Week for games played Fri- day, Nov. 5 through Sunday, Nov. 14. A second-round pick in the 2020 NBA Draft, Lee averaged a league-best 37.7 points and 9.0 assists in the Cruise's first three games of the sea- son. Motor City visits the Windy City Bulls on Nov. 17 and 18, with both games airing on ESPN+.
TERRIFIC IN TEXAS: The Texas Legends have opened the season 4-0 behind the strong play of Carlik Jones and Jus- tin Jackson. Jones leads the team in scoring at 25.5 points per game, and Jackson is right behind him at 23.8. The Leg- ends will look to stay undefeated during the Showcase Cup portion of the season when they visit the Memphis Hustle tonight at 7 p.m. ET on ESPN+.
THRILLER IN WISCONSIN: On Nov. 8, Rayjon Tucker drained a floater with 0.3 seconds remaining to lift the Wisconsin Herd past the Cleveland Charge 126-124. The Herd finished the week with back-to-back wins over Motor City to improve to 3-0. Wisconsin returns to action on Nov. 19 when it hosts the Fort Wayne Mad Ants at 8 p.m. ET on NBAGLeague.com.
20 TH ANNIVERSARY: Today marks the 20th anniversary of the NBA G League's first game, which was played between the Greenville Groove and North Charleston Lowgators. The league has grown from eight teams in its first season to 29 teams this season, and 41% of players on 2021-22 NBA opening-night rosters entered this season with NBA G League playing experience.
Golden State Warriors guard Jordan Poole has been a key contributor to his team's 11-2 start to the 2021-22 NBA season. Poole, who was named to the All-NBA G League Third Team in 2020-21, is averaging career highs of 17.2 points, 2.6 rebounds, 3.2 as- sists and 1.5 steals. The former University of Michigan standout scored a season-best 31 points in a 114-92 home victory over the Charlotte Hornets on Nov. 3.
Texas Legends forward Justin Jackson scored 41 points and made an NBA G League season-high 11 three-pointers in a 120-103 win over the Lakeland Magic on Nov. 6. Jackson also grabbed eight re- bounds in the victory.
On Nov. 6, Fort Wayne Mad Ants forward Terry Tay- lor tallied 25 points and tied an NBA G League sea- son high with 18 rebounds in a 127-118 victory over the Windy City Bulls. Taylor added four assists and four blocks.
Toronto Raptors guard Dalano Banton, playing on assignment with Raptors 905, scored 30 points, grabbed seven rebounds and dished out nine assists in a 119-116 victory over the Westchester Knicks on Nov. 12.
Against the Grand Rapids Gold on Nov. 13, Sioux Falls Skyforce guard Javonte Smart recorded 36 points, five rebounds and five assists in a 115-101 win.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 16, 2021
- Legends' Rally Falls Short for First Loss at Memphis - Texas Legends
- Charge Acquire 2022 Draft Pick - Cleveland Charge
- Charge Bested in Indianapolis - Cleveland Charge
- Iowa Wolves Announce Roster Moves - Iowa Wolves
- College Park Skyhawks Hosting "Hoops and Heroes" Night on Friday, November 19 - College Park Skyhawks
- Mad Ants Beat Cleveland in Tuesday Matinee - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- NBA G League News & Notes: November 16 - G League
- Mann and Wilson Post Double-Doubles in Win over Santa Cruz Warriors - Oklahoma City Blue
- Grand Rapids Gold Announce Theme and Promotional Schedule for 2021-22 Season - Grand Rapids Gold
- Hornets Recall Vernon Carey Jr. and JT Thor from Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Scrubb's 19 Not Enough as Clips Fall to Kings - Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.