Charge Acquire Jaron Blossomgame
CANTON, OH - The Canton Charge have acquired Austin Spurs forward Jaron Blossomgame in exchange for the returning rights of guard John Holland and a 2019 second round pick, the team announced today. In a corresponding move, the Charge have waived C Akolda Manyang.
"We'd like to than John Holland for all his contributions to our franchise," Director of G League Operations Brendon Yu said. "For as good of a player as he is, he is an even better person."
"We're also very excited to welcome Jaron to the Cavs/Charge family," Yu added. "Jaron is a unique talent who is extremely versatile and we look forward to having him on our team."
Blossomgame, (6-7, 220), has appeared in six games for the Austin Spurs this season, averaging 23.7 points, 7.7 rebounds and 3.0 assists per game. He currently ranks 10th in the NBA G League in scoring. Last season, Blossomgame appeared in 50 games for Austin, garnering All-NBA G League 3rd Team honors. Blossomgame was selected 29th in the second round of the 2017 NBA Draft by the San Antonio Spurs.
The Charge continue on the road with a matchup against the Delaware Blue Coats in Philadelphia on Tuesday, November 20th at 7:00 p.m. (TV: ESPN+). For Charge Nation Memberships, group outings, game day promotions and up-to-date information, head to CantonCharge.com or call 866-444-1944. The Canton Charge are part of the Cleveland Cavaliers and Quicken Loans Arena organization and are also owned by a group led by Cavaliers Chairman and Quicken Loans Founder and Chairman Dan Gilbert. The group also owns and operates the Cleveland Monsters of the American Hockey League, who play their games at Quicken Loans Arena in downtown Cleveland.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 19, 2018
- Northern Arizona Suns Donate 192 Turkeys to Yavapai Food Bank - Northern Arizona Suns
- Tonight's Game Between the Santa Cruz Warriors and Stockton Kings Game Rescheduled for February 20, 2019 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Santa Cruz Warriors Guard Darius Morris Earns NBA G League Player of the Week - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Stockton Kings Reschedule Game against Santa Cruz Warriors and Announce Additional Fire Relief Efforts - Stockton Kings
- Tonight's Game Between the Santa Cruz Warriors and Stockton Kings Rescheduled for February 20, 2019 - G League
- Austin Spurs Obtain Returning Rights to John Holland and 2019 Second Round Pick - Austin Spurs
- Charge Acquire Jaron Blossomgame - Canton Charge
- Rio Grande Valley Vipers to Host 'FangsGiving' on November 21 - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Jaylen Adams Transferred from Erie to Atlanta - Erie BayHawks
- Warriors Reach 7-0 Record by Surviving Northern Arizona Suns 99-92 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Stars Fall to Lakers in First Game of Road Trip - Salt Lake City Stars
- Suns' Late Comeback Push Stalled by Warriors - Northern Arizona Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.