Cats Cool Aviators Bats
A night after scoring 8 runs and leaving a dozen men on base in a 9-8 defeat, Coastal Bend's bats were ice cold against Fort Worth righty Ryan Trytten. Trytten pitched 7.1 solid, if not spectacular innings. He struck out 6 and improved his record to 2-2 on the year as Fort Worth claimed a 2-0 victory over the Aviators at Fairgrounds field.
The Aviators collected just 4 hits, all by the first three batters in the order, and never had a man reach third base. The Cats scored a run in the third when Terrence Green crushed his first homerun of the season to left for a 1-0 lead. In the sixth Chuck Carter hit a tapper to the right side of the mound which Aviators starter JR Pickens bare handed. But Pickens air mailed the throw over first baseman Grant Richardson's head and Carter went all the way to third. He then scored on a wild pitch that bounced off catcher Steve Ketter toward the Cats dugout.
Danny Valentin and Joel Kirsten pitched the remaining 1.2 innings after Trytten departed, with Kirsten picking up his first save. With the loss Pickens falls to 4-2.
Coastal Bend looks to avoid a sweep against the Cats Corey Walters tomorrow night. Veteran lefty Pedro Flores will pitch for the Aviators. Game time is 7:05pm and can be heard on KOPY 1070 AM as well as online.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from July 10, 2007
- Walk-Off RBI Dooms Diablos - El Paso Diablos
- American Association Recap - AA
- Cats Cool Aviators Bats - Coastal Bend Aviators
- Canaries Bite Snakes, 8-7 - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Sports Snap Funk with Extra Inning Victory - Shreveport-Bossier Captains
- Saints Squeeze Out Another Victory - St. Paul Saints
- Two More Chances to See Pels This Week - Pensacola Pelicans
- After Delay, Aviators Rally But Fall Short - Coastal Bend Aviators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.