Casey Pierro-Zabotel Recalled To Baby Penguins
WILKES-BARRE, PA - The Pittsburgh Penguins have reassigned left wing Casey Pierro-Zabotel from the Wheeling Nailers (ECHL) to the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, it was announced today.
Pierro-Zabotel, 21, has posted 33 points (9+24) in 38 games with the Nailers this season, and departs for northeastern Pennsylvania ranking second on the squad in scoring and first in assists. He posted a season-high nine-game point streak which was halted last weekend, and has registered 20 points (6+14) in his last 18 games.
The native of Kamloops, British Columbia entered his first year of professional hockey having come off of a banner year with the Vancouver Giants (WHL), where the 6-2, 210-lb left wing posted a league-best 115 points (36+79) in 72 regular-season games. His 115 points shattered the Giants' single-season point record, an achievement which earned him Vancouver's first-ever recipient of the Bob Clarke Trophy, awarded to the WHL's leading scorer.
In 294 games split over five seasons between the Merritt Centennials (BCHL) and the Vancouver Giants, Pierro-Zabotel has recorded 346 points (132+214).
Pierro-Zabotel was selected by the Pittsburgh Penguins in the third round (80th overall) in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 21, 2010
- Thunder '09 All-Star Colin Hemingway Acquired From Alaska - Stockton Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Condors Acquire Davey; Regan Returns, Pokulok Leaves - Bakersfield Condors
- Aces Acquire Judd Blackwater From Stockton - Alaska Aces
- Toledo Walleye Make Roster Moves - Toledo Walleye
- Blue Man Group To Appear At Wranglers Game - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Florida Panthers Assign D-Man Peter Aston To Utah - Utah Grizzlies
- Casey Pierro-Zabotel Recalled To Baby Penguins - Wheeling Nailers
- Jackals All-Stars Contribute In American Conference Win - Elmira Jackals
- Blackwater and D'Alvise represent Thunder in scoring for 2010 ECHL All-Star Game - Stockton Thunder
- American Conference Wins All-Star Game 10-9 In Shootout - ECHL
- Nailers Announce New Office Hours - Wheeling Nailers
- Ganzak Game-Winner In All-Star Game - Wheeling Nailers
- Utah's Vic Bartley Tallies Three Points In ECHL All-Star Game - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.